In need of used building supplies and possibly plumbing help

MikeH

New User
Mike
We are looking for used building materials and potential help if we need it. We're hoping that someone is remodeling and would be willing to donate some materials instead of just throwing them out. My Father in Law's house is in really bad shape but we can’t get him to move and he can’t really afford to pay to buy materials or have things done. My wife and I will do most of the repairs but we can’t afford to spend a bunch on his house either. He desperately needs a front and back door plus a bathroom door. The front door is 36x80, the back door and bathroom doors are 32x80. All the doors are right handed doors. A storm door for the front door would be a plus. He is also in dire need of an electric stove and color doesn’t matter. He also needs a shower stall. He had a stroke so it’s difficult for him to get in and out of a tub so we want to replace the tub with a shower.

His plumbing works (kinda) but water either drains really slow or doesn't drain at all and we've tried draino and snaking the kitchen drain and have had no luck. We really think the plumbing drain pipes needs to be redone. If anyone knows a trustworthy and fair plumber in Lumberton we would welcome the reference.

We hate him having to live in his house the way it is. Thanks for taking the time to read this and we will definitely find a way to pay it forward!!!!

MikeH

New User
Mike
Mike are there any Habitat Stores near you?
The closest one is in Southern Pines which isn't too far. We were going to try and repurpose free materials before we went that route, but we may have to.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Have you checked with the county on the availability of low income housing rehab? Also check with local Baptist / Methodist Church. I know that both Baptist Men, and Campers on Mission do these type projects. Campers on Mission is more orientated towards camps, children's home, churches etc.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I checked on the storm door it is rotted out at the bottom.

But in my lumber rack I found a metal clad 36 inch exterior entrance door.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors