In Asheville this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlzettl

Matt
Corporate Member
If any NC Woodworkers in the Asheville area are interested, I will be at the Grovewood Gallery, adjacent to the Grove Park Inn on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I have six pieces of furniture there for an exhibition that coincides with the 22nd Annual Grove Park Inn Arts and Crafts Conference.

I will be in the 2nd floor furniture gallery from 10-12 and 1:30-3:30 on Friday and Saturday, and 11-1 on Sunday. I would love to meet any fellow NC Woodworkers who care to stop by.

For anyone who hasn't been to the Grovewood, the furniture gallery is truly inspirational. I was very fortunate to have this opportunity.

Hope to see some of you.

Matt

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Matt,

My wife and I will be attending on Saturday and I will make a point of stopping by the Grovewood and say Hi.

Good luck with moving your consignments. The A&C show brings people in from all over the country.

Dan C.

M

McRabbet

I am headed to my daughter's in Apex tomorrow and then to Greensboro for the Industrial Woodworking Expo on Friday and then back home. Hope to get up to Asheville on Saturday or Sunday to see your beautiful pieces, Matt.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Matt,

Again, congrats on having your work in that show. I was in Asheville for the last two weekends visiting the LOML's family and man I wish it would've coincided with that show. :BangHead: I wish I could be there to see it, but we're taking a break from two straight months of weekend road trips. If you get hungry, I would reccomend the "Fiddelin Pig". We ate there last weekend for Valentine's Day and had a GREAT time. Great bbq (Eastern or Western) and live bluegrass. I ate until I was about to pop and then we got out on the dancefloor and embaressed ourselves for a while. Great food, great music, great times. I would highly recomend it. Good luck in the show and definitely take some pics. :icon_thum

Cheers, :eek:ccasion1

Trent

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
Matt,

Good luck in the show. If the other exhibitors are 1/2 as talented as you are it will be one helluva show. Have a great time.

Ernie

M

McRabbet

A Visit to the Grovewood Gallery

As some of you know, the Grovewood Gallery in Asheville is one of the premier outlets for custom Arts and Crafts Furniture, jewelry, glass and other crafts. This weekend marks the well-know Arts and Crafts Conference at the Grove Park Inn, attended by people from all over the country. Matt Zettl was invited to display several of his Greene and Greene inspired furniture pieces at the Gallery during the Conference. My wife and I drove to Asheville today to see Matt's work and to meet him.

Here's some pictures and, surprisingly, the work of another member for sale in the Gallery as well.

First, a picture of the Master Craftsman!
100_5376.jpg

A beautiful Hall Table...
100_5373.jpg

And his Dining Room Table and Inlaid Screen...
100_5372.jpg

Ironically, after visiting with Matt for fifteen minutes to learn of some of his design and construction secrets, my wife and I wanders around the Gallery looking at the beautiful furniture on display by craftsmen from all over the country. As we were looking around, I noticed a piece that had a style that I has seen before -- I remarked to Nancy that it looked like the work of one of the members of our Western NC Woodworkers Association, Mitch Trager, who lives in Asheville. A small placard on the piece just had the name "Cedar Lined Blanket Chest", with its dimensions, woods and a price. On the chance more information might be on the back, I turned the placard over and there was the Name "Mitch Trager"! Well done, MTrager (also a member here!).

Mitch Trager Chest...
100_5375.jpg

Mitch was a winner on the 2008 Calendar with this entry...
Fiddleback_Maple_Walnut_Sofa_Table.jpg

Needless to say, my wife and I enjoyed our trip to the Gallery! If you are ever in Asheville, it is a must see!

mlzettl

Matt
Corporate Member
Rob,

It was great to meet you and your wife this past weekend. Thank you for your gracious complements. I enjoyed talking with you and discussing woodworking. The next time I'm up that way, I hope to stop by your shop and discuss some more trade secrets.

Although I didn't sell anything, the weekend was a lot of fun, and I learned a lot. I would echo your comments about the Arts and Crafts Conference at the Grove Park Inn. For those of us interested in the Arts and Crafts movement, it is an amazing show with many resources as well as ideas for those of us with the inclination to further our craft.

Thanks again for taking the time to come to Asheville.

Matt

newtonc

New User
jak
Matt
I was in Ashville for a week staying at the Grove Park Inn with my wife.I found out about your pieces on display next door at the gallery late and missed you by an hour or so on Sunday.
Your pieces were fantastic.Very well done.
We just got in tonight and enjoyed our entire stay in Ashville.First time there.Hopefully not our last.
thanks

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Matt, you are a true craftsman. :notworthy: The tables are each incredible but the screen really caught my eye. I don't recall hearing about anyone on here making one of those and yours is breathtaking. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up Thanks so much for sharing the pictures Rob. Outstanding work by everyone. :icon_thum

Cheers, :eek:ccasion1

Trent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS