Idea for income!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Kinda like to girls showing up at the high school dance with the same dress:argue:.

I don't think we need to do that. Even if I made the same pattern you did or turned the same bowl our styles, choose of wood, etc would make them unique. I also don't think as a group we should "fix prices". It should be left to the individuals.

I am good either way - I have my brain turning and when I do that it is usually bad - I just want to help as much as I can -

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have my brain turning and when I do that it is usually bad - I just want to help as much as I can -

No idea is a wrong and I see where you are coming from. Keep that brain turning.:icon_thum

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Ok, it is time for me to stick my nose into this. First several things have to happen.
1. Stacy, myself and at least one other board member of the NCWWI need to meet to explore how this would work.
2. the board would have to approve. this could be done electronically.
3. We would need someone to be responsible to organize the NCWWI portion of this. Most likely this should be a staff member.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Steve #1 & 2 would be me of course. Stacey and I are working on a meeting date, the sooner the better before interest wains.

Dave:)

Dragon

New User
David
I like the sound of all this and would be willing to throw in if I have anything that would be considered "salable" by that time. I may have a couple of things I could donate for a door prize/raffle/auction with 100% of the proceeds going to the NCWW. Sad thing about most of my workings is that it can take upwards of a year or two for some of these stumps to dry and stabilize enough for me to trust putting my name and rep. on them before I'd even consider selling one or donating it.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I like the sound of all this and would be willing to throw in if I have anything that would be considered "salable" by that time. I may have a couple of things I could donate for a door prize/raffle/auction with 100% of the proceeds going to the NCWW. Sad thing about most of my workings is that it can take upwards of a year or two for some of these stumps to dry and stabilize enough for me to trust putting my name and rep. on them before I'd even consider selling one or donating it.

Well you could be ready for the 2010 event :icon_thum
But your slabs with inlaid clocks could be ready to go for now :eusa_thin:icon_thum:icon_thum

Dave:)

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
IMHO,

Everybody's work is their own and should be priced accordingly. As far as benefitting RFA and NCWW, I'm not sure that a 1/3 split across the board could even work. I would barely be able to pay for my materials cost while selling at craft show prices, and if the prices were raised I think we'd be pricing ourselves out of the market. Charging a table/booth fee to benefit RFA and giving 10-15% kick to NCWW might work:dontknow:, as far as people who can't be there, but want to sell, just have a booth manned by someone else and charge those items as %RFA/%NCWW/%Artisan split.

I think it's a great idea and could eventually become an annual or semi-annual fund raiser if it works out right.

JMHO

SRyder

New User
Stacey
Spoke to AudreyO and DaveO agreed that our "Fallabration" fundraiser would be the best time to incorporate NCWW. We usually have a pig pickin, childrens games, wagon rides, etc. This year it will be held on Saturday, October 24 from 10-3. That should give everyone time to get things together. Mark your calendars! More details will follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS