Idea for a new forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
This is just a thought, and if history is any indication some of my idea do not float.

Anyway, do you see any value in creating a forum for notworthy threads? I imagine threads with valuable information such as the history of NCWW, how to make a harpsicord, some safety threads, so historically funny threads, etc. Just wondering.

Doug

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Doug,
Noteworthy or not worthy...
(Don't throw that at me unless its light and fluffy or valuable)

I think it might be a good venture. Especially significant to the site threads.
A lot of things are available through the library etc but a place to find
something significant, such as first thread, change to corporation, non-profit etc would be valuable.

Now who decides what goes and how might raise some hackles...
Certainly worth looking into I'd say.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Doug,
Noteworthy or not worthy...
(Don't throw that at me unless its light and fluffy or valuable)

I think it might be a good venture. Especially significant to the site threads.
A lot of things are available through the library etc but a place to find
something significant, such as first thread, change to corporation, non-profit etc would be valuable.

Now who decides what goes and how might raise some hackles...
Certainly worth looking into I'd say.

Worth looking into. Maybe a chance for a committee to look at the threads worthy of the new forum.

PS: I am not sure of the site upgrade at this point. I will make it my focus if I stay in the webmaster's position in the coming year.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Interesting idea. The point Andy brought up is a good one. Who would decide if the threads were "worthy" and how would they go about it? Well, one solution for old threads would be to make a few suggestions and ask the members if they would like to suggest anymore...

M

McRabbet

I think it is a good idea and perhaps rather than a forum, it could be accessed in the "Other Links" drop-down tab to an editable file (like our Lexicon) that could simply have links to great threads, or to a history file of NCWW or to the FAQs that no-one can ever seem to find (like the meaning of DQ), and so on. Editing the file should be limited to certain users to keep out undesireable stuff, but it should be easy to implement and to maintain.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Besides, thinking about it, it isn't really a forum, but a resource. As you mentioned everyone would not bbe able to post to it, just a select subset of members. :thumbs_up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS