I want to, but....any knocks on this product ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I have several Ridgid tools with the lifetime service agreement, but nothing that has a battery, so can't help you with that question. But these are pretty good tools, and have gotten decent reviews..

But more importantly - you want them. No, you NEED them. You will never forgive yourself if you let this deal go by. At least not until the next deal comes along. So why resist? You'll just end up spending more money on the Milwaukee/ Makita/ DeWalt combo that'll be there for $149 next week. Go get 'em. :tool:

(if you're still reading this, you've been infected with a resistant strain of WGD - Woodguy Disease. Go make some room in the shop, you'll need it)

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
I have several of the 12V LI drills. I have used the warranty (3 years) to replace a couple sets of batteries. I also filled out the lifetime warranty, but 3 year warranty isn't up until August. In my case, drop off tools at J&S in Raleigh and either they ship them back, or I pick them up, whichever is easier for me. Remember that I use mine in my business, and run the snot out of them.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
The contractor who did a lot of work on my house has a whole bunch of Ridged battery tools. He says they are the best bang for the buck. Use them up and get a new one when it quits. But, so far none of them have quit. :dontknow:

ncguy77

New User
Jim
I have a hardly used Rigid 4 piece 18V litihium (driver/impact/sawsall/LED light)+ 2 batteries that is such a bunch of junk that I'd sell you mine for $75. It's hardly used because anything I try to use it for is woefully underpowered. Total 100% crap IMHO and will never buy another Rigid item. The only thing of value is the LED light.

Also made a huge mistake in trying to have the rigid service center inside beltline try to fix it within the initial 90 day warranty period. They promised multiple times to get it fixed and my dumb self believed them to the point that I could no longer return the piece of garbage. A pox also on you J&S tool!

All the above because I tried to save a "super deal" on the final closeout which prevented me from doing a straight up exchange on a working set (no sets left to be found in Triangle). I tried to save the deal an ended up with a total turkey. A call to Rigid provided zero sympathy. I'm also betting that the lifetime battery warranty will be some catch also.

For comparison, my 6yo 12V nicad Craftsman with original faded battery runs circles around this Rigid in every capability. How bad is that?

MiLyMo

New User
Mike
Agree with ncguy77. Got a set as a backup because of the lifetime battery. They do not even come close to a DeWalt, Makita, or Milwaukee. Most of the times the batteries never even charged. Very frustrating when you are expecting a fully charged battery. The power is not even close to the better brands either. Needless to say returned them for Milwaukee. We carry Milwaukee and DeWalt on our trucks and I use 18V light weight Makita (The white ones) in the shop. In my opinion any of these are worth whatever extra you have to pay for them over the Ridgid.

ncguy77

New User
Jim
Most of the times the batteries never even charged. Very frustrating when you are expecting a fully charged battery.

Yep have that problem also on my set. Charger will show charging for an hour or more and when complete I can put a still warm battery into driver and drain it empty within a half dozen drywall screws into a SPF 2x4.

I can't in good conscious even put it on craigslist.

Wolfpacker

New User
Brent
Thanks for the feedback guys. Not sure if I should buy or not...sounds like a 50/50 chance of getting a good one/bad one....unless they were good when introduced, but now the later ones are the ones not getting good reviews.

Guess I'll hold off for now.

Brent

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
I don't have any experience with the Rigid. But after reading the reviews a little more than a year ago, I settled on the Milwaukee 2410-22 M12 drill w/ 2 batteries for $130 shipped from Amazon, and I love it. I was deciding between that and the competitor from Bosch. I don't need anything big, as I have a big Milwaukee for tough jobs. The little 2410 is surprisingly powerful and very light weight - nearly half the weight of the 12V Makita NiCad that it replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS