I know we've seen this one before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hook

New User
Gregory
I've seen this one done by other posters, but I had to put it up after I finished it. 3/8 baltic birch plywood and this thing went quickly! 2 short evenings and it was done, start to finish!

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Hey that guy looks familiar, I think he co-starred in a movie with a chimp named Bonzo:rotflm:.

Nice job Greg !

Jimmy:mrgreen:

I've seen this one done by other posters, but I had to put it up after I finished it. 3/8 baltic birch plywood and this thing went quickly! 2 short evenings and it was done, start to finish!

sawduster

New User
Robert
Nice and clean bro :eusa_clap :notworthy:
Good job !! :icon_thum

Is that a Gary Browning pattern ?

PeteQuad

New User
Peter
OK, this may be a very elementary question but... how do you transfer the pattern? I was trying out some chip carving and transferred a pattern using graphite paper, but when I was done I had trouble erasing all the lines.

Hook

New User
Gregory
Nice and clean bro :eusa_clap :notworthy:
Good job !! :icon_thum

Is that a Gary Browning pattern ?

Thanks! I don't know whose pattern it is... it was one of the freebies on the Scrollsaw Woodworking & Crafts site from the Holiday 2004 issue. I knew I'd seen it posted on here before so when I found it I just had to try it.

Hook

New User
Gregory
Great job Greg:icon_thum Are you going to have any of your work at the mountain gathering?

I'm not sure I'm going to be able to get out to the mountain gathering. The boss, I mean (ahem) my other (whoops) I mean - BETTER half still hasn't given her blessing to such a trip.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
Great job Hook. Unfortunately, they don't make presidents or presidential candidates like that anymore.

Hook

New User
Gregory
Greg, nicely done. Did you cut with flat blades or spirals?

Thanks!!! Flat blades. I'm not too comfortable using spiral blades, they don't seem to line up right when clamping so I spend more time fiddling with the adjustment on the clamp than I care to. Then the cutting is a bit strange for me, much wider than I want it to be and seemingly very agressive. I've tried spirals once. That's not to say I won't try them again, but I'm pretty content to use flat blades.

thanks for the website and proper props, I'll have to check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS