I bought it, now how do I use it!??

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Bought myself a combination square with protractor and center head. :icon_thum

Would someone be so kind as to give me the RD version of how to use the center head to find the center of a dowel? :icon_scra:dontknow:

Thanks in advance.

:notworthy:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
That's easy...even you can handle it ;)
Take the center finder head and place it on the scale just about anywhere will work as long as there is more scale sticking out than the dowels diameter. Place the end of the dowel in the V of the center-finder head and scribe a line using the scale across the end of the dowel. Rotate approx. 90° and scribe another line. For good measure do it a couple more times. The center point will become very evident where the lines cross.

HTH,
Dave:)

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Take the center finder head and place it on the scale just about anywhere will work as long as there is more scale sticking out than the dowels diameter. Place the end of the dowel in the V of the center-finder head and scribe a line using the scale across the end of the dowel. Rotate approx. 90° and scribe another line. For good measure do it a couple more times. The center point will become very evident where the lines cross.

HTH,

DITTO:gar-Bi:eusa_danc

JackLeg

New User
Reggie

HTH,

My sincere thanks, Gentlemen.

DaveO, I had NO doubt you would respond first. BUT, I feel much better when you are "backed up" by an old pro like Jerry!!

:rotflm:

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
ok now ya gits the correct way!:icon_thum stick the dowel in the lathe turn it on and hold it loosely in ur hands then bring up the tailst...... oh thats right you havent got a lathe yet!:rotflm: well just use the square then!:slap: hehehehehehehehe you too shall fall prey to the darkside oneday!:gar-La;

DaveO

New User
DaveO
My sincere thanks, Gentlemen.

DaveO, I had NO doubt you would respond first. BUT, I feel much better when you are "backed up" by an old pro like Jerry!!

:rotflm:

No confidence in the younger generation , Huh:icon_scra:roll::roll:
:eusa_naug:eusa_naug:eusa_naug:eusa_naug
:D:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors