Huge thanks to Richard (Greywolf)

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Justice

David
Corporate Member
Richard was kind enough to take time out of his day to come over to my house and give me some saw sharpening lessons. For about 3 hours we sharpened my new frame saw blade and a crosscut saw. Richard is a great teacher because he lets you do the thing, instead of just showing you how to do the thing. So, I sharpened the saws and he walked me through. It was a great lesson and I really feel like I can take any saw and get it nice and sharp.

I just wanted give you a shout out here because it started with the Frame saw workshop. Thanks!

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
So when is Richard, or Mike Davis going to do a hand saw sharpening workshop?:rolleyes: Bruce

Some of us were discussing that this morning on the Sunday morning chat, including Berta and Mike D. Suffice it to say that the possibilities are being looked into.

It might start with a Saw Vise workshop but nothing was decided at this point. Join us next week if you want to discuss it further in real time.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Wow, thank you David for the shout out. I enjoyed helping you with that, and I have enjoyed getting my feet wet teaching as well. So reading all that is better than hearing happy birthday, so thanks that made my day!!

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Sharpening handsaws is nearly a lost art. Machines are being made and sold to do just that, but the expense for one is ridiculously high. For the time it takes to sharpen a saw on a machine, and the small amount charged, it's a money losing proposition. A little knowledge about handsaws and tooth nomenclature, with some practice, you can do a very good job of sharpening your own handsaws. A good tooth setter is also demanded. A handsaw sharpening class would be a very good thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS