Huge Thanks to Phil S for assistance on the butcher block top

Status
Not open for further replies.

blkdog09

New User
Chris
I finally finsihed and installed my butcher block top.

Life's circumstances have precluded me from thanking Phil for his help with the project. I really appreciated it.

Im not a professional photographer, but here are a few pics. This is the first big project I have tackeld.

End grain hard maple (I harvested from PA) with walnut and hard maple bands. Finished with walnut oil.

Thanks again Phil

Top_C.jpg

Top_B.jpg

Top_A.jpg

Attachments

• Top A.jpg
    Top A.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 90

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Phil is indeed a great guy willing to help others all the time. That project came out very nicely. That looks terrific.

Gilley23

New User
Bryan
That looks great! I'm thinking about doing something similar, but replacing my countertops in the butcher block style. If you don't mind my asking, what was the total cost of your project?

blkdog09

New User
Chris
My only cost was the walnut oil and Titebond III. The wood I cut down from trees on a friends farm. His dad took it to the mill and had it sawn and kiln dried (also got a bunch of white ash for countertops). I had to beg him to take a check, he reluctantly agreed, then never cashed it. So I couldn't accurately gauge a cost.

Now the cost in frustration........different story. Ha!

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Great looking top Chris! Phil Soper is one of the most generous and kind members of NCWW, sharing his time, talents, and workshop with so many! It's what makes NCWW so great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS