howdy

Status
Not open for further replies.

2wheels4life

New User
Zach
My name is Zach Dow. I am 22 years old and i am semi-new to the woodworking scene. i joined this site to help me learn more and gain advice and mabey some ideas for some projects. I am from Monroe, NC where for now i live with my parents untill i leave for school in june. i would like to get some projects under my belt before leaving because i will not have the resources or time while i am at school.
well i guess i will go now and start working!

b4man

New User
Barbara
Welcome Zach!
We are happy you joined us. What type of woodworking are you interested in? Is it possible that the school you plan to attend has a woodworking program?

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site, Zach. We'll be happy to help you with any questions you might have. Let us know more about your woodworking interests and what tools you have now and that will give us a better idea of how to answer...

MikeH

New User
Mike
Welcome to NCWW Zach! It's good to have you and you'll have to get crankin' if you want to get projects done before June. Good Luck!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Zach!!! It's great to have you, and I look forward to your input in the forums.
Dave:)

christopheralan

New User
Christopheralan
Welcome. This site is kinda like school at times, too. You will learn a wealth of knowledge here. Good to have you. What kinda stuff do you do?

2wheels4life

New User
Zach
thanks! i dont do a whole lot of stuff so far. i am making a jewlery box. right now i want to keep it simple and small. but in the future i would like to do furniture and larger items.

2wheels4life

New User
Zach
well i am more interested in small projects right now, jewlery boxes, cutting boards, things like that. i would like to go bigger in the future when i have my own shop. all i have right now is an old band saw, a workbench(that i built) and some hand tools and hand power tools.

DavidF

New User
David
well i am more interested in small projects right now, jewlery boxes, cutting boards, things like that. i would like to go bigger in the future when i have my own shop. all i have right now is an old band saw, a workbench(that i built) and some hand tools and hand power tools.

That sounds like a good start. Match the projects to the equipment and the skills you have and you'll do just fine; especially with this bunch behind you:lol: :lol:

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome Zach, glad you joined us. Feel free to toss out questions, many of our members are skilled, sharing, and fun :icon_thum

Later,
Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors