[How Do I-Main Site] Mobile-friendly Format of NCWW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Is there a URL that offers a mobile-friendly format of the NCWW website? Some website call this the "low bandwidth" version.

I'd like to browse NCWW on the Blackberry mobile phone and on the Amazon Kindle in their basic browser. It technically works with the website, but there is a ton of overhead making it very difficult on these devices.

I was hoping there might be a layout to the site that avoids the "fluffy" stuff (announcements, featured photos, ads, etc) so that I could be connected "anywhere" :gar-Bi

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Jeremy, I'm using Opera-mini on my Curve.
http://www.operamini.com/
Much faster and user friendly than the standard AT&T browser. Still some of my favorite features of browsing NCWW are absent (or hiding) like the side navagation bar and the "Today's Posts" option.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Guys I have looked into this many times, and have nit really found a way that works. The ability is not built into vBulletin, so it means a lot of work to create a special "style" and a very customized version of a good part of the code. It would be like maintaining 2 different website sites.

So unless I suddenly get an inspiratin, or we suddenly get a bunch of PHP/HTML coders who are willing to the work, It probably won't happen in tghe near future.:gar-Cr

But as I am writing this something just occured to me.:eusa_thin:eusa_thin

DavidF

New User
David
I sometimes log in on my HTC touch phone Win Mob 6, works ok, just a lot of scrolling around the screen

russellellis

New User
Russell
im able to jump on it while on my iphone with no problems. but my girls blackberry.....well its just not as user friendly when trying to visit ncww

MikeH

New User
Mike
Is there a URL that offers a mobile-friendly format of the NCWW website? Some website call this the "low bandwidth" version.

I'd like to browse NCWW on the Blackberry mobile phone and on the Amazon Kindle in their basic browser. It technically works with the website, but there is a ton of overhead making it very difficult on these devices.

I was hoping there might be a layout to the site that avoids the "fluffy" stuff (announcements, featured photos, ads, etc) so that I could be connected "anywhere" :gar-Bi
Nerd! :nah:

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
im able to jump on it while on my iphone with no problems. but my girls blackberry.....well its just not as user friendly when trying to visit ncww

The iPhone is the only one I've ever seen present it well. I guess that's because it's more of a computer with a real browser. I can get it to work, but it's painful ... lot of scrolling/navigation.

M

McRabbet

Why don'tcha just strap a laptop to your belt and be done with it -- you can surf to your hearts content.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS