How do I change my location on my profile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtrboy77

Dean
User
I recently moved from Illinois to Greenville, SC and I want to change that on my profile, but I can't figure out how. Any ideas?

Rick_B

Rick
Corporate Member
I have the same problem - my location is displayed as Mount Tabor when it should be Winston Salem. I can't find a profile setting for editing?

Thanks
Rick

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I recently moved from Illinois to Greenville, SC and I want to change that on my profile, but I can't figure out how. Any ideas?

Repost your question to "How do I?" forum and follow the links within. That'll get an answer from the folks who operate the site.

ehpoole

Ethan
The proper way for members to update their location follows as location is explicitly tied to Zipcode.

Go to the "Settings" control panel (upper right-hand of every screen), then select "Edit Profile" from the sidebar menu. From there you can enter your Zipcode in the Zipcode field (you will need to re-enter your Zipcode here, then either tab or click away from the entry box to see the list of possible city/town names, if applicable). If your Zipcode has multiple town names associated with it in our Zipcode database then you will be presented with a new field just below the Zipcode that includes a pull-down list of possible town/city choices (these choices are defined by the USPS, if curious) from which you may select the city or town that you feel is most appropriate. However, if there are no alternative city/town names associated with your Zipcode then you will not see that pull-down list of city and town choices. After changing your selection, remember to click the submission button at the bottom of the page to save your changes (no changes are committed until saved).

ehpoole

Ethan
Repost your question to "How do I?" forum and follow the links within. That'll get an answer from the folks who operate the site.

Actually, the "Help Desk" is the appropriate forum for any issue with this site, whether you need help or need to report an issue with the site. You can get to the forum from either the "Forums" tab (like any other forum) or via the "Help Desk" tab on the main menu bar. We are happy to help out with pretty much any realistic request (there are some things we can not do as we are not gods).

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Whoops, bad on me! I intended to direct the OP to the "Help Desk" and not to the "How Do I" forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS