HF MF tool...any good ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfpacker

New User
Brent
I have a coupon for the HF Multi-Function Tool at $34.99 and it expires 3/25. It seems a bit large to hold for a long time and not very ergonomic, so was wondering if any of you have one and if you think it is a good tool to have or if there are better models out there for about the same money...I know there are better models for much mo' money.

Here is the tool info...
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?itemnumber=67256

They have a variable speed one that I think goes on sale periodically for about $50, but don't know if VS is a big advantage on a tool like this.

What say ye ?
Thanks,
Brent

Wolfpacker

New User
Brent
Guess I may go ahead and pick one up based on your reviews. My HF won't allow use of 20% off coupon with another discount coupon, but sounds as if others have been able to do that from the other thread. Hope the attachments that come with it handle most projects as I see the others aren't real cheap.

Thanks for all the help, but still listening to additional input.

Brent

Digit

New User
Dave
Well Idont know about the hf tool because I bought the much higher version about 9 years ago,, by the way, the high end one still runs like a dream , and I use it hard. I cut mortise and tenon type things, outlet box holes, cut the heck out of standing seam roof with it, these things are sooooooo sweet. The part that I can help you with - you would really like the variable speed if you get one, there are some materials and some attachments that benefit greatly. Good luck with it.

Wolfpacker

New User
Brent
Good to know about the variable speed first hand. I think I've seen it on sale for $49.99, may be still on sale, not sure. I plan to replace some carpet areas with hardwood this year and may have to cut some doorframes, but haven't measured to see yet.

Thanks for the input.
Brent

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
have the single speed unit and if you haven't already tried it on drywall, let me tell you, it cuts it sooo cleanly!

I can see how the VS model would work with the sanding attachments,but other than that, single would work fine on 99% of most jobs (I suspect)

Good tool to have in the arsenal.

Matt

flatheadfisher

New User
Michael
I bought one when I remodeled our bathroom and it paid for itself in no time. It may not last forever but for what it cost, it was worth every penny already.

dpsnyder

New User
Dan
i just bought the variable speed one today with a 20% coupon, makes it not much of a difference in price. It was extremely handy today!

Dan

Wolfpacker

New User
Brent
Dan,
was it on sale for 49.99?

I went by my HF today and the VS model was $80, not on sale. Since I don't need it right away, I decided to wait for the VS model to go back on sale & use the 20% coupon as you did.

Brent

dpsnyder

New User
Dan
don't know if it was on sale, but it was marked at $59.99 and I used the 20% coupon to bring it to 47.99. at the durham HF

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS