Hey Mike!! Sawhorse pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

thrt15nc

Tom
User
Here's a couple of pics of the saw horses. I can't seem to find the mag they were in but it was a Family Handyman a long time ago. Let me know if you have questions.

Tom Swortzel

Sawhorse1.jpg

Sawhorse2.jpg

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Thanks Tom, I wanted to see them in detail also. I assume there is a pin or bolt that holds the adjustable height top piece in place. They look like they could be quite handy to have around.
Dave:)

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Thanks!

They are very interesting. I don't have room for anything else right now but I will keep the pictures for later. I have always thought that a set of adjustable saw horses would be great to have.

After using them for a while, is there anything you would change?

thrt15nc

Tom
User
Robert the tops aren't mortised. That'd probably be something to do. But the top rails are pretty tight on there. When I made them, I didn't glue anything. All joints were just screwed together. So it didn't take long for them to become loose. Just this last year though I took them apart, glued them and screwed them back together. They're a lot stronger now. However, the weakest part is still where the legs attach to the feet. If I made them again I'd come up with something different to do there.

Dave there are holes in the uprights and then a piece of dowel is inserted at the height you want. That's the best feature to me, being able to take your work to different heights!! :wink_smil

Tom

thrt15nc

Tom
User
Jimmy, your daughter is correct!!! Her name is Sophie. Not many people know Scottish Folds. Good for her!

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS