Help with lumber grading

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeff...

That is a good grading system Jeff:icon_thum I like it!

Most lumber is bought unseen----------thus the reason for grading guide lines. It is disappointing to purchase by that and they send you a lesser grade. I like your system better.

I will step down from the soap box now:rolf:

Jerry
Yeah your right most lumber is bought sight unseen, isn't it? I try and not do that. Guess I'm just old school, ok I admit it... I'm old school. But to me 1/4 the fun is cutting it, and delivering it to the kiln (Scott and his farm hands are super cool) the rest of the fun is picking it up from the kiln and delivering it, meeting interesting people, some of you guys are as crazy as me I hope you realize that.

As long as it's within my power I prefer it this way, If I change, I'm afraid most the fun will be gone and it'll become more like work and what fun is there in that?

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Well I finally pulled the trigger on 100 bf of fas sap & btr ash from internet lumber. I called and spoke with the warehouse manager and he told me he would hand pick my boards and make sure that I received clear boards of top quality. I am going to pick it up Tuesday and will be able to look at it before loading it. Anything I should look for in the boards that would raise a red flag to any of you? I paid 213.00 for FAS 4/4 ash including s3s. If anyone would like to save shipping charges and purchase from them I would be willing to pick up for you and arrange to meet you on a weekend. I would be willing to meet someone within 50 miles from my home on an early Saturday or Sunday morning. I have a 5x12 single axle trailer and if I can help please let me know. What you purchase and the quality of the order is between you and internet lumber, but I am willing to help anyone. I live in Salisbury NC.

Tracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors