Help needed finding instruction manual

Status
Not open for further replies.

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Does anyone have the instruction manual for the older HF or Rockler dovetail jig like this with the dual slides? If so could you send me a copy?

DOVETAIL MACHINE
34102.gif

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Thanks Mike that may work. That one has the one piece stops for set up the on I have has two individual adjustments on each side

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Thanks Joe :icon_thum
That is just what I was looking for. I will be helping a fellow North Carolina Woodworker cut some DTS this weekend and had no idea how to set this up.

Thanks Pete :icon_thum
I placed this order yesterday but it will not get here on time to help this weekend
Ship QtyItem NoDescriptionNotes
1-63061 1/2" DT JIG OFFSET SIDE STOPS
1-91023 1/2"Dovetail Bit 14* 1/4Sh
1-21397 DOVETAIL JIG UPGRADE KIT

Last edited:

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Thanks Mike that may work. That one has the one piece stops for set up the on I have has two individual adjustments on each side

You know that those stops are just a convenience. Like my first jig, you just balance the tail (side) board under the comb so that the two edges will be equally cut off and set the pin (end) board offset by the width of one comb opening. Usually 1/2 inch.
Notice that pins/ends & tails/sides have the same number of characters! Drawer fronts and backs are of course ends.
Also remember that you can minimize tear-out by making a very light right to left cut across the tail board before plunging into the combs.
I realize this is basic stuff, but others may read this post.
Have fun!
Joe

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Thanks Joe
All of the DTS I have cut where on someone else's PC machine and he had it all set up for me all I had to do was bring the wood and run the router :lol: :lol: . I just received this HF DT machine from Jaustin . Thanks for the information on the spacing and the tear-out tip:icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors