Hello from Pender County

Status
Not open for further replies.

msandlin

New User
Matt
Just wanted to say hey, I am new to the site. I am pretty new to woodworking. I did some in high school and loved it but never followed through with it. I am now a firefighter in New Hanover County. With all my free time I decided I needed something constructive to do. My dad had a bunch of tools that he never uses so I asked him if he minded me using them and he didn't. So I started making adirondacks chairs for my mom... and then my sister wanted some. I got into it quickly and my family and my fiance said I should put some in a local fair where I live in Pender County. I decided to do it but wanted to find lumber at a better price than where I was getting it and found Ivey. After purchasing some beautiful lumber from him he told me to check this site out and here I am. I problem want say much (not much of a talker), but I just wanted to say hey.

P.S. after reading what you all have said, I consider myself luckly to have a guy milling this great wood so close to me. Thanks Ivey

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Welcome aboard, it's a great group here. Take a spin through the photo gallery and you'll find lots of inspiration. Jim

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Welcome to the site! I too use the now famous Ivey cypress for my Adirondacks. It works great!

Last edited:

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Matt!:icon_cheers

Sure hope that you take some time to upload some pictures of your work and post them here in a new thread. We love looking at each others work to learn new tricks, design and inspiration for all of us.:wsmile:

Post often and by all means enjoy.

Wayne

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Hi Matt,

Welcome to our virtual pile of sawdust. It's always nice to have another woodworker join us. We'd love to see some photos of the chairs.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site Matt. I used to work out where North Kerr meets Blue Clay Rd, so that's probably not too far from your neck of the woods. Anyway, when I first found this site, I was also pretty new to woodworking, but the folks here are very nice, knowledgeable, and always willing to help. I hope you'll enjoy this community as much as I have. Please post often. :icon_thum

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Hi Matt. I'm a newbie myself, having just joined in March. Be warned though, this site quickly becomes addictive. Once it gets hold of you, it doesn't want to let go. I find myself logging on at least twice a day. :XXcompute

Seriously, it's a GREAT site with some incredible woodworkers who are always more than willing to help, no matter what your skill level or favorite type of woodworking. And don't ever hesitate to ask even the simplest question. Nobody here will ridicule you for it. Believe me, I know. :gar-Bi

Bill Clemmons

Ivey

New User
Ivey
Hey Matt,

Glad you found this place, What a great bunch of folks.
I'm a little on the quiet side too, but read here almost day..
Glad that the cypress is working out for you..

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Welcome to the saw dust pile Matt from the next county over (Duplin). Also a satisfied customer of Ivey's cypress.

mikeacg

New User
Mike
Matt,

Welcome aboard! I'm just down the road in Wilmington. Good to see those tools getting used!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS