Hello from Durham

Status
Not open for further replies.

westslopecutt

New User
westslopecutt
Howdy everybody,

I figured I better get myself introduced here. I;m new to the forum, new to NC, and new to the finer side of carpentry. Just moved out here last month from Montana, feels like I'm right at home at the moment. I've been hanging around the forum for a week or so now, and it has struck me as very unique in how regionally focused it is. It is going to be fun learning how you all do things down here. I won't have much to contribute at this point but questions, but hopefully that will change down the road.

Looking forward to becoming part of the crowd.

Greg

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Greg welcome to NC and our little family. Make yourself right at home.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Welcome Greg.

Oo, Montana. Another dentil floss farmer moves East. :rotflm:

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Hello Greg and welcome to the site and the state!
Glad you found us. Hope you'll put your feet up and jump in when you can.
Where in Montana were you?
Regionally focused is our mainstay. Nothing wrong with anyone anywhere else, but being close
enables us to actually do things as a community of woodworkers and not just talk about it.
We have an annual picnic each Spring, and locals frequently gather to learn, tour each others shops, share information, go out to eat, or whatever.
You'll learn quickly about some of the 'perks' being here and being close offers us.

westslopecutt

New User
westslopecutt
Thanks for the welcome guys. I was living in Bozeman. Great place to let the time go by. All the floss farms have been subdivided though. Too bad.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Welcome Greg. Just so you know, the cold weather we're having lately isn't your typical NC weather, so if you're worried about it being too cold in the shop, things will get better. Speaking of your shop, we love to see pictures of workshops, tools, projects, families, pets, lumber, etc. etc. :)

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site Greg. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap You've stumbled upon a great community here, as Andy mentioned above. I've heard that Montana is a beautiful place. Either way, we're glad to have you here in NC and on NCWWer. Don't be afraid to ask questions. These folks are VERY helpful and there is no such thing as a stupid question. :icon_thum

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Howdy everybody,

I figured I better get myself introduced here. I;m new to the forum, new to NC, and new to the finer side of carpentry. Just moved out here last month from Montana, feels like I'm right at home at the moment. I've been hanging around the forum for a week or so now, and it has struck me as very unique in how regionally focused it is. It is going to be fun learning how [STRIKE]you all[/STRIKE] ya'll do things down here. I won't have much to contribute at this point but questions, but hopefully that will change down the road.

Looking forward to becoming part of the crowd.

Greg

Hey Greg, welcome to the site. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Since you seem to want to get "regionalized" as quickly as possible, I made one edit to your post that might help you get there. :rotflm:

Seriously, welcome. And as Bas said, we love pics.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors