Hello! Another new guy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nash

New User
David
Greetings! I'm David Nash and live in Matthews, NC. I make my living in the new home construction industry (what's left of it) selling fireplaces, mantles, marble/granite surrounds and stone veneer. I've always had a fondness for anything made of wood. My 10 years with Lowe's introduced me to many beautiful wood products for the home. After Lowe's, I spent a while working for a log home manufacturer in Irmo, South Carolina. At that time, I developed an appreciation of log homes and was introduced to the splendor of timber framing. Had the opportunity to meet Norm Abrams and Tedd Benson at a trade show in Atlantic City, NJ. Genuinely nice guys!

So, today when I have time, I tinker around the house. I discovered the Kreg Jig about a year ago and pull it out every chance I get! I also have been playing the drums for 46 years and have a beautiful Pearl set that fills half of my sunroom.

More than anything else, my time and efforts go into raising two beautiful daughters 15 and 19.

Leviblue

Kevin
Corporate Member
David,
Welcome to the forum. You'll find a lot of support and information here.

Kevin

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, David!:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Sounds like you have plenty of experience and hope to see you share some of here at NCWW.

Look forward to reading your future posts and possibly seeing some pictures of your work.

Wayne

cheryllewis

New User
cheryl
Greetings! I'm David Nash and live in Matthews, NC. I make my living in the new home construction industry (what's left of it) selling fireplaces, mantles, marble/granite surrounds and stone veneer. I've always had a fondness for anything made of wood. My 10 years with Lowe's introduced me to many beautiful wood products for the home. After Lowe's, I spent a while working for a log home manufacturer in Irmo, South Carolina. At that time, I developed an appreciation of log homes and was introduced to the splendor of timber framing. Had the opportunity to meet Norm Abrams and Tedd Benson at a trade show in Atlantic City, NJ. Genuinely nice guys!

So, today when I have time, I tinker around the house. I discovered the Kreg Jig about a year ago and pull it out every chance I get! I also have been playing the drums for 46 years and have a beautiful Pearl set that fills half of my sunroom.

More than anything else, my time and efforts go into raising two beautiful daughters 15 and 19.
It's good to have you. Hope you enjoy yourself.

Cheryl @ The Hardwood Store of NC, Inc.

Nash

New User
David
Hey Wayne...not much work to show unless you want to see a picture of my kids! They've consumed most of my life for about 19 years now. The log homes I shipped are sitting all over the world. That was certainly a nice gig. Seems I have spent most of my life admiring others work. HOWEVER, if I can find a shop that does contract 5 axis CNC work, I'll definitely have something to show. Have a new idea to make some pocket change...

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site. Glad you found us.
You certainly bring some interesting skills I'm sure - I'd LOVE to
know more about log homes... Maybe one day..... sigh
Enjoy the site!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS