Heat Injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
It's that time of year again, and after a strenuous day in the shop yesterday, it occurred to me that this link would provide some great information to those of us not working in shops with AC.

a few tips:

drink at least 1 quart water per hour,
avoid drinks with caffeine,
sports drinks are good, but limit them to about 1/day. If you are not dehydrated, your electrolyte balance will stay pretty much on track.
If you start to develope a headache, get inside, and drink more. stay there a while.
don't wait until you are thirsty to drink, just drink!

mburke911

New User
Mark
Hello,

Here is an alternative approach http://www.steelevest.com/ this is a cold pack vest which provides cooling when worn. The packs last 4 hours or so. While on the steelevest site they are quite expensive you can find them occassionally on Ebay.

Mark

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
I once had an old guy tell me that if you weren't having to go to potty at least once an hour, then you weren't drinking enough. Being a kidney stone producer, I think these are good words of advice. Only takes aTINY crystal to get one going. Doesn't hurt to take along a fan. I often get strange looks with fan going next to saw benches in a front yard. Who cares?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors