Have you seen the new PM4224?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyekode

New User
Salem
I went into woodcraft today to pick up some odds and ends. They have the new 4224B sitting across from the 3520B. Seeing the pictures and specs online does not do that machine justice!

It is massive in everyway. It makes the 3520B look like powermatic's midi. I am not sure I could remove the tailstock by myself. And the ram is soooo smooth. Turn the wheel and it just spins! And the banjo is crazy big. It looks too heavy to move. But a light turn of the locking handle and you can move it with one finger.

It is like some iron dinosaur resurrected from the past and refined into gold... er mustard :). I didn't expect to come home waxing poetic about a lathe but that is the most drool worthy machine I have seen in quite some time!
Salem

Rob

New User
Rob
I saw it Sunday. I like it, a lot. But I am still going to hold out for the Robust. I just like their headstock better. Easier to get to the back your turning.

eyekode

New User
Salem
I have seen one Robust in person. I was as impressed with the fit and finish of the Robust as I am with the mass of the Powermatic. I also thought the swing away/down tailstock was trick. But both of these machines are much too pricey for me. I am waiting for a good deal on a used Jet 1642. Or maybe a PM3520B. You never used to see them on the used market but the new 4224B may change that :).
Salem

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
I saw it in action. I went to the demo. It is wonderful to dream, but the price is way too much.

Berta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS