Hand Drum on a Lathe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhythm House Drums

New User
Kevin
I guess this can be considered wood turning since I threw it on the lathe :) I'm super happy with the drum, and the form in and of itself.

It's black walnut with yellow heart accents. It's a hollow vessel, and I used a combination of stave and segmented pieces. I think all in all it was about 170 pieces.
I used a natural danish oil on the bottom section with the yellow heart, and a medium walnut danish oil on everything else for the first coat. My other coats were natural danish oil. I did that to get the warmth from the darker oil, but not to fade the contrast with the yellow heart.
The bottom photo is the completed drum, strung up with an African goatskin. The video is a buddy of mine playing the djembe.

RHD-W-ProSeries1-Shell.jpg

RHD-ProSeries-Djembe.jpg

[video=youtube;ektelnAB6Lg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ektelnAB6Lg[/video]

T

toolferone

Wow, very nice. The 1st pic did not show the size. It is a big drum. The yellow heart looks great.

eyekode

New User
Salem
It is lovely!! What are the dimensions? It looks too big for a 12" lathe.
I just watched the video. That guy should stick to drumming, I am not so sure about his singing career :). The drum/drumming was awesome though :).
Salem

Flootsie

New User
Milissa
How cool! Thank you.

We have the public Drum Circle here in NC's Bohemia (aka, Asheville)...you should come!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS