Guess what I discovered/rediscovered

Status
Not open for further replies.

cskipper

Cathy
I like to scroll. I got so burned out with that blasted owl that I haven't wanted to scroll since. Add in all the extra hours at work, preparing to move the hospital and I just couldn't convince myself to cut anything. Last night I couldn't sleep, so I finally started cutting simple Christmas ornaments. It was a lot of fun! :cool:

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
I can empathize, Cathy. Sometimes we have to just "step back" and let our minds clear out.

Glad you're back at the saw.

:wsmile:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Yes Cathy we all hit "the wall" at some point. For some the wall is higher then others. I think it is common with scrollers as some designs are just so intense. Glad to hear the fun and love has been rediscovered. :wsmile:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Great to hear you are making us all something for Christmas:gar-La;.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Cathy, I have been the same way - I cut out some new giraffes and on one of the cuttings (I stacked cut two) the oak veneer came off (big time) in places - that got me discouraged - I have been working in Mooresville and that has worn me down - plus I got a head/chest cold this past Friday and I can't shake it but I still have to work - I was just thinking today on the way home I need to get in the shop - but I didn't make it

J

jeff...

Yet more evidence light is overtaking darkness... Darkness can not exist in light.

sawduster

New User
Robert
good to see you're through your slump :icon_thum At least you had the awareness to realize you were burned out and didn't force the issue. I've always found that it comes back around in it's own time if I leave it alone :eusa_danc
I've missed seeing your work

Welcome back :eusa_clap

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Cathy, you just like your scrolling as a hobby. Those times when it seems like work, well, you gotta step back for a bit. :icon_thum

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
I've been looking forward to seeing some more of your fine artistry, Cathy! I was actually wondering is you had sold your new Hegner!!!???:eek::eek:

Sometimes we just need a wee break. (Although I betch you have been real busy with the XMas ornaments.)

Glad to see that you are getting back at showing us more amazement!:icon_chee:icon_chee

Wayne

Hook

New User
Gregory
Cranking up the Aerosmith - "I'm Baaaaacck" :mrgreen:

Glad to see you getting back in a groove. I can guess I'll be taking a break soon.

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
I've been there too. When I bought my present scroll saw I decided to really challenge myself and the saw with a much bigger project. It was a dragon and every scale on him was a separate hole, cut with a 2/0 blade. He became a quest, rather than a project, and I spent most of a week's vacation making him. Then I didn't use my scroll saw for almost a year. Now I try to avoid projects that will require more than 20 hours of cutting, or at least require less than that per piece. Staring at the same piece of wood for that long is madening and very hard on the eyesight. I'm glad that you recovered. :eusa_clap

Charley

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
I've seen that owl and I can imagine it took its toll
as impressive as it is, anyone can only do so much!

glad you've rediscovered the FUN of scrolling :eusa_clap
the woodworking world is better with your participation.
so, you gonna do ME an owl for Christmas???:rotflm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS