Grab handle

pop-pop

Man with many vises
Corporate Member
Entry to my workshop is up two steps and I decided that a grab handle would make entry/exit a bit safer for me. Used the tall vise handle pattern and a walnut scrap. Placement was easy, I put it atop the smudges on the jamb.
IMG_5305.jpeg

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
Wise move. Handles and handrails get more and more interesting as time goes on.

About six years ago I decided to put some short handrails on the wall going into our kitchen door stoop. Over the last three years, those things have evolved from convenient to essential.

handrail 1 - 1.jpg handrail sticks - 1.jpg

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Your stick reminded me of a story about my Grandfather. Calvary Coronel. He carried around an old riding crop to fend off any "hoodlums'". Well, one day some punk tried to mug him. He beat the crap out of the kid with that crop!

I put grab rails in my shower when I re-did it. Super good move. I need to change the "steady rail "going to my shop loft to a regular grab handrail.

That is a nice looking stick BTW. :)

pop-pop

Man with many vises
Corporate Member
I walk with a stick now because of debris on the greenway trails.
View attachment 228490
Started with a branch scrounged from a fallen beech on the trail. Removed bark with a drawknife and final shaping with a spokeshave. Crutch tip and a cut down pair of bicycle grips. Grips were adjusted up and down until it felt right.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS