Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I really like this one Fred.

IMG_7461.JPG

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
ok mike I SURRENDER!!!!:eusa_thin howdyadodat?:rotflm: ill get it friddered out someday. promise:dontknow:

Trog777

New User
Trog
Really like this. Hate to sound stupid, but since I never worked with it before... Is the stone left bare?

weedtabltop.JPG

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
the granite was a sink cutout and polished on one side. I cut it with a skill saw and diamond blade to fit the recess. I dont look forward to doing it again!:eek: but it turned out good.:wink_smil

fred

Glennbear

Glenn
Looks very good Fred, looks like I am going to have to find a countertop installer to haunt for sink cutouts :gar-Bi

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I get some ever so often. will let ya know if i come accross any in the near future. cant say what the material will be or the color though. sometimes corian and sometimes granite. I tink I have some pics of an outdoor table i did from cedar and corian. if so when the gallery opens back up i will put them there.

fred

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Ah, Fred is definitely back !

So far the pieces that I've seen look fantastic. Your time spent in the shop seem to have been well spent, I'm looking forward to the gallery opening so I can check on more of your work.

Jimmy:)

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I'm not sure how I did it but the new pics are at the top of page one titled clocks [there are two] and the rest are on pages 4 and 5. hope you have better luck findin em than i did postin em!:toothy9:

fred p

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
That's some fine looking work! And the photos are not hard to find, (following your instructions). I especially like your clocks as I am a clock fanatic, all sizes and shapes. :wsmile:

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
That's some fine looking work! And the photos are not hard to find, (following your instructions). I especially like your clocks as I am a clock fanatic, all sizes and shapes. :wsmile:

thanks. i like clocks too. it uses up some scrap!:gar-La; I sent a note to steve to see if he could teach me how to clean up the gallery and get stuff in its proper place. I got a mess in there!:new_all_c

fred

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Fred,
I went through your photos and thought that the mantle clock would be my favorite (I'm partial to them), when I came along to the mahogany half table which I think is gorgeous ! You certainly have been busy.

Jimmy:)

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Dang Fred that is glorious BURL:new_shock. How'd you keep that away from Dozer :lol::lol::lol: Does the top come off? And what is it, other than a beautiful turning??:icon_scra
Dave:)

I think i put another pic of it up opened but i dont remember. will look in a min and if not I can do it [I think!] its a candle holder. it started out being a lidded box but dozer came up with the idea of turning it upside down and adding a candle. I LIKE IT!:gar-La; the burl on this piece wasnt nice enough for pens when compared to the rest of the burl in the box.:wink_smil

DaveO

New User
DaveO
IMG_7462.JPG

Fred I like it. It has a purpose...much better than the dust collectors I turn. You're right I think the figure would have been lost in something as small as a pen. Good utilization of the wood :icon_thum
Oh, I think that you need both a :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap and a :slap:
You're so close to posting a pic, I can almost see it :lol:

Dave:)

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Fred, great work. I hope someday mine turned out a 1/2 as nice. Glad to see you back in the shop and back with us on-line. :wsmile:

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
hey scott! hows that new old lathe doin? keep at it.:icon_thum it gets better with time.:gar-La; another 20 years I might be good at it!:nah:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hey Fred. The "new old" lathe is working just fine. The operator has issues. :eusa_doh: I'll get the hang of it some day....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS