Good YouTubers to follow?

Yelverton

Mitch
Corporate Member
I am finding it harder and harder to differentiate who is posting because of a paid sponsorship vs not. I like Rick Mainhart's list above. I also like "Guys Shop"
If you just want to see someone build things, mostly furniture, and without a single hint of that, check out Ishitani for sure.

mpeele

michael
User
I'm surprised no has mentioned Tim Killen's KillenWOOD. If you're into period reproductions and use or would like to use sketch up he has lots of info.

SabertoothBunny

SabertoothBunny
Corporate Member
For wood stuff, I like some of these:

Zac Higgins (pens and casting mostly)
RJB Wood Turner (pens and casting)
Adrian Peda (Japanese inspired projects)
Ashley Hardwood (amazing wood turning)
Dashner Design & Restoration (restoring old furniture, usually road side or thrift store)
Klondike Craftsman (various turning projects)
Blind Woodturner (the guy is literally blind but makes AMAZING turned pieces)
Epic Workshop (really cool projects, can be a while between videso)

Rick Mainhart

Rick
Corporate Member
I forgot Fisher's Shop. For those that like a bit of humor along with their woodworking.

Be glad you aren't HIS neighbor!

Leviblue

Kevin
Corporate Member
For wood turning projects and fun to make items, paired with tips and techniques; I like Carl Jacobson. Capt Eddie Castalin still has some very informative turning and shop videos online.

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
YouTube… the font of all knowledge!
Pretty much!

About 10-12 years ago the passenger-side turn signal bulb on my 2001 Corvette burnt out. I opened the hood and couldn't see any way to get to it. I looked online and the procedure was to jack up the car, remove the front tire, unscrew an access panel in the wheel well, and blindly reach a foot into the space behind the signal and feel your way into removing and replacing the light.

That sounded kinda vague so I went to YT to see what that process looked like. There I find a video where the guy simply reaches into the car through the brake cooling duct and blindly felt his way to remove and replace the light. It took him 90 seconds. It took me 3 minutes or so, but saved me from doing a lot of stuff I didn't need to do.

From that moment I was hooked on YT. There are lots of clever folks figuring out simpler, faster, or better ways of doing things, more than I could think up myself in several lifetimes.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Pretty much!

About 10-12 years ago the passenger-side turn signal bulb on my 2001 Corvette burnt out. I opened the hood and couldn't see any way to get to it. I looked online and the procedure was to jack up the car, remove the front tire, unscrew an access panel in the wheel well, and blindly reach a foot into the space behind the signal and feel your way into removing and replacing the light.

That sounded kinda vague so I went to YT to see what that process looked like. There I find a video where the guy simply reaches into the car through the brake cooling duct and blindly felt his way to remove and replace the light. It took him 90 seconds. It took me 3 minutes or so, but saved me from doing a lot of stuff I didn't need to do.

From that moment I was hooked on YT. There are lots of clever folks figuring out simpler, faster, or better ways of doing things, more than I could think up myself in several lifetimes.
I had a similar experience last week. Found that E-Replacement parts publish all kinds of YouTube videos on how go replace parts on the Dewalt 735 planer. Gave me step by step replacement guidance for its blower shroud and fan. Good resource.

Darl Bundren

Allen
Senior User
Lots of great suggestions here--sooooo much on Youtube. One resource I've also gotten some good ideas from is watching reels on Instagram. There's not much detail because of the brevity, but I'll see an idea and screenshot it for future reference.

Along with some of the others listed here, I watch parillaworks and 3x3 Customs - Tamar fairly frequently--Parilla works in a style I like out of his garage, and 3x3 Customs does all sorts of stuff on techniques and jigs (and is not afraid to show her mistakes).

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors