Good YouTubers to follow?

areevesnc

Aaron
Corporate Member
My YouTube subscription list is full of wood workers, but these are a few of my favorites:

Nick Engler - Workshop Companion (very creative projects and lots of great ideas)

Matt Estlea (particularly for hand tool fundamentals)

Richard Raffan (an expert turner with an approachable teaching style)

Andy’s Cornish Creations (lots of small, fun turning projects)

I’ll be curious to see if others come up with channels I’m not familiar with.

J_Graham

Graham
Corporate Member
GR woodworking and Frank's workbench are 2 smaller channels. Both hand tool focused.
GR - very aesthetics focused video no commentary just watching him build at a very high level.
Frank's - clever engaging commentary with a wide variety of skill levels

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
it really depends on what you're looking for. You could watch people like April Wilkerson or Frank Howarth or Laura Kampf. Lately I've really enjoyed watching Laura Kampf working on rebuilding her 120 year old house in Germany. It began as a major nightmare when she discovered it was infested with ants and the structure was in jeopardy. It's a great YT watch if you haven't been following. Her videos are about 15 minutes long and you'll have to go back before Covid to see the beginning of the house project. But it's worth it! If you're into cutting dovetails, then Rob Cosman is a good one to watch. I'm all over the map!

Wilsoncb

Williemakeit
Corporate Member
There are some good ones out there, but I have a problem with some who have more confidence than knowledge. I like the ones that fast forward through the process with accompanying sound effects.

Rick Mainhart

Rick
Corporate Member
New Yorkshire Workshop
Matt Cremona
Acorn to Arabella
Andrew Klein
Matthias Wandel
Frank Howarth

All teach their craft well.

smallboat

smallboat
Corporate Member
The Tally Ho videos from Sampson Boat Co.
I first learned about them here, and they have become my go to for seeing someone doing things right.
The current crew* are top notch at what they do and the way they work together on a complex large scale project is worth the watch by itself.

If you are ever losing faith in the “next generation” or the future of your choice of craft I prescribe a session or two with this bunch. It works for me.

* I’ve watched a few of the early videos and the volunteer helpers appeared to be there to learn more than contribute.

joec

joe
User
Sampson Boat Company. Restoring an old boat but fine woodworking through it all. I have been watching for at least 4 years and will be sad when he finally finishes.

RobH

Rob
Corporate Member
I am finding it harder and harder to differentiate who is posting because of a paid sponsorship vs not. I like Rick Mainhart's list above. I also like "Guys Shop"

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS