Good shop day ruined

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
I got up Sunday Morning itching to get into the shop. Saturday I had glued and wedged the legs to my second attempt at a comb back windsor chair and was ready to glue up the top section. This thing had been together 2 or 3 times before for fitting. I took it apart one last time to sand everything once more. 15 minutes into the assembly I was "gently":roll: tapping the arm rests in place when I heard a sickening crack. I thought well maybe it was just my thigh bone breaking but no such luck, the arm rail had split in half. All that wasted time forming, drilling holes, carving the knuckles and sanding :BangHead: I just closed the door and went to the house and wasted the afternoon watching the race. What a bummer.

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
I got up Sunday Morning itching to get into the shop. Saturday I had glued and wedged the legs to my second attempt at a comb back windsor chair and was ready to glue up the top section. This thing had been together 2 or 3 times before for fitting. I took it apart one last time to sand everything once more. 15 minutes into the assembly I was "gently":roll: tapping the arm rests in place when I heard a sickening crack. I thought well maybe it was just my thigh bone breaking but no such luck, the arm rail had split in half. All that wasted time forming, drilling holes, carving the knuckles and sanding :BangHead: I just closed the door and went to the house and wasted the afternoon watching the race. What a bummer.

Hate to hear that happening to you--------I know how you feel:) Anyone who has never done a windsor cannot comprehend the dissapointment.:crybaby2: Look on the bright side---better then than after it is in a cllients home.

Wish you success on the next go round:icon_thum

Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors