Goes With the Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Hmmm...

Maybe if I buried those in the back yard, I could have a detached shop within the neighborhood covenents. :rotflm:

Glennbear

Glenn
Almost time to hang the gutters on the new shop and I was thinking about adding some rain barrels..............................:eusa_thin :gar-Bi

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Travis, how did you know that I was in the market for some large tanks???!!

I'm actually first in line to get some being removed from a local station that is expanding their business. They are only nine or ten years old so they have lots of service life left in them.

I want them to use for bio-diesel production. There are 4000, 6000, 8000 and 10,000 tanks available, and I'll probably get at least 3 of the four (WVO in one, B100 in one, B50 in one, and 100% dino in the other one.

I have 550's and 1000 gallon tanks right now, but need something larger for production.

Man, you guys are great! I don't have to scan CL any more, just check into here to see what you've found for me! :gar-Bi

Bernhard

Bernhard
User
I can see either Scott or Bernhard buying them.

Well, I am actually planing on getting an underground storage tank for rain water storage for watering plants/yard, etc. I have about 8700 sqft covered by a roof, so there is a lot of water to be collected. But 20,000gal is a bit much, I am looking more in the 7000-10000gal size. That way, my backhoe can still handle the digging.

Cheers,
Bernhard

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Bas, I can see that you've brought out the big guns with respect to searching out deals on tanks! I hope that you had a blast doing the research; (or were you just shooting from the hip?).

And I commend you for your creativity in keeping this post on track too! Did your cousin Sherman help with the research?

SS

Bernhard - I'll let you know if I end up with an extra tank in the 7 - 10K range. What kind of backhoe do you have?

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Having been involved in the past with both installation and removal of petroleum tanks I can tell you run - don't walk - away from these things. An empty petroleum tank is a highly volatile thing. We have a company that does tank disposal a few miles up the road & they have to set of 1/2 stick of dynamite in one to split the seams before they start torching them up. As for using one as a bridge or water storage, just don't let the NCDENR catch you! They monitor water quality for the state & residual hydrocarbons in a tank like that can be a big problem. - if you get the ends off safely or are able to clean it out. They're also not that sturdy unless you completely surround them with fill sand or washed stone - and if you live in the eastern part of the state be careful they are anchored as they will float out of the ground if they aren't full of liquid.
As for using it for biofuels, just make sure it's transported with the bungs plugged & doesn't already have a pinhole or 2 in it . Good luck!

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
Having been involved in the past with both installation and removal of petroleum tanks I can tell you run - don't walk - away from these things. An empty petroleum tank is a highly volatile thing. We have a company that does tank disposal a few miles up the road & they have to set of 1/2 stick of dynamite in one to split the seams before they start torching them up. As for using one as a bridge or water storage, just don't let the NCDENR catch you! They monitor water quality for the state & residual hydrocarbons in a tank like that can be a big problem. - if you get the ends off safely or are able to clean it out. They're also not that sturdy unless you completely surround them with fill sand or washed stone - and if you live in the eastern part of the state be careful they are anchored as they will float out of the ground if they aren't full of liquid.
As for using it for biofuels, just make sure it's transported with the bungs plugged & doesn't already have a pinhole or 2 in it . Good luck!

Dennis,

You kind of missed the joke but thanks for the info!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Hey Dennis - thanks for the info. I've helped install some UST's and am familiar with the process, but have not "yet" removed any. I'd like to bounce some removal questions off of you, if you have some time.

Send me a PM with your e-mail address; I have something related to fuel tanks to forward you that you'll like.

Scott

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Oh, I got the joke, but I hadn't had a chance to practice my typing so much lately.:rotflm:

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Travis, how did you know that I was in the market for some large tanks???!!

I'm actually first in line to get some being removed from a local station that is expanding their business. They are only nine or ten years old so they have lots of service life left in them.

I want them to use for bio-diesel production. There are 4000, 6000, 8000 and 10,000 tanks available, and I'll probably get at least 3 of the four (WVO in one, B100 in one, B50 in one, and 100% dino in the other one.

I have 550's and 1000 gallon tanks right now, but need something larger for production.

Man, you guys are great! I don't have to scan CL any more, just check into here to see what you've found for me! :gar-Bi

I should have known better........
:BangHead:

:rotflm:

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Bas, I can see that you've brought out the big guns with respect to searching out deals on tanks! I hope that you had a blast doing the research; (or were you just shooting from the hip?).

And I commend you for your creativity in keeping this post on track too! Did your cousin Sherman help with the research?
Sherman wasn't available, he was out feeding the leopards. So I paid someone to do the research, had to shell out quite a bit of cash. Keeping the staff on tracks wasn't easy either. But, I'm not easily deturred, I stay on target until the job is done.

:rotflm:

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Sounds like you've got your sights set on the right target... Kinda like a Tiger that sinks his teeth into something... I'll have to be sure to wear my armor plated clothing next time you're a...round.

By the way, I saw a fellow that looked just like you wearing a tank top the other day... I think that his name was Abrams or something like that. He had this other fellow over the proverbial barrell - he was such a large bore too!

Oh well, time to "shut the hatch" on this string and go back to working on my turrett... lathe...

Tom Dunn

New User
Tom Dunn
I'm actually first in line...

Well if those are Dillons Maxi-Mart tanks, I sure hope you get them soon because that would mean the nightmare at his present gas pumps is OVER!!!!

macdaddy

New User
Steve
I know a gut who cut a door in one end of a tank like that; pushed dirt up on each side with a dozer and called it a storm shelter.:dontknow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS