Glass shelves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutchman

New User
Buddy
I am working on a glass door cabinet that will have either 1/4" or 5/16 thick glass shelves in the deck. I priced them at furniture city glass in high point, and was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions or sources for purchasing glass shelves. anyone bought somewhere online and had them shipped? Thanks

FlyingRon

Ron
Call around. I've found large disparities in glass prices from store to shore. Make sure that unless you have specific requirement to do so, that you're not getting a price on tempered glass.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Most glass installers have the polishing and tempering capabilities, especially if they do commercial store fronts. I can get you a price from my installer. Let me know the size and quantity

thrt15nc

Tom
User
I'll be interested in following this. I'm working on a display cabinet for inside our house and will need glass sides, door and shelving. I'd really like to get beveled glass for the door and sides, but I suppose that's going to get very pricey.

Tom

ehpoole

Ethan
Call around. I've found large disparities in glass prices from store to shore. Make sure that unless you have specific requirement to do so, that you're not getting a price on tempered glass.

Except that if these are to be glass shelves then one almost certainly wants tempered glass over basic plate glass for both safety and structural strength reasons.

FlyingRon

Ron
The strength isn't likely an issue. Tempered glass will shatter, a regular glass shelf may chip. A shelf within a cabinet doesn't need tempered glass for safety reasons in my opinion. There's less of a chance that they're going to be broken and if they break inside a cabinet it's less of an issue safety wise than if for example it were a glass table top or such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors