Getting close

jcz

Johnny
Corporate Member
I posted a few months ago about breaking ground on a new shop. Well, they finally got it put together last month and I’ve moved in some of the junk that was collected in the garage. We can now park 2 cars in our garage again and I have plenty of space for the new shop tools. Next big step is to get it wired. It is 24 x 45. 9’ ceiling and 12’ lean to.

Attachments

• C6EE1F86-8B39-46E8-82D4-FD0D51D9CD27.jpeg
    C6EE1F86-8B39-46E8-82D4-FD0D51D9CD27.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 237
  • 1D1B6E26-2CA8-4C89-8751-F7F653D921A8.jpeg
    1D1B6E26-2CA8-4C89-8751-F7F653D921A8.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 223

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
very nice, where did you find the insulation panels?

jcz

Johnny
Corporate Member
The builders put the insulation in. It is very thin. Not sure how effective it will be. Thinking about adding some foam insulating boards before putting paneling up.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Nice shop space. Does it have any HVAC, or do you plan on adding it in the future? That may help decide how much insulation you need.

jcz

Johnny
Corporate Member
Already have a package unit for it. One of the perks of doing A/C work with my Dad all my life.

JimD

Jim
Senior User
Looks like a nice sized space. I used waferboard - same stuff used for roof sheathing - on the walls of my shop. I skim coated it with drywall mud and painted it with white ceiling paint. It was pretty cheap and now I can hang stuff anywhere. Painting without skimming was frustrating - too many voids.

Reactions: jcz

jcz

Johnny
Corporate Member
That is what I'm leaning toward doing. There are so many different ways I could go finishing the inside but cost is a BIG factor. Between bringing in all the extra dirt to level the land, the building itself, and putting all new tools inside the bank account has taken a huge hit. Once I am able to turn that first piece of wood it will all be worth it. I can't wait.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS