garden planters

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
just completed this for a customer. the raised beds have screen wire and fabric on top of the first layer. dirt will be added by customer. there is black chicken wire all around but it doesn't show up in the pics.:gar-Bi hey, they wanted it invisible..... the roof is pergola style. 2 men 2 1/2 days to complete. it wasn't cheap but it's done right.:icon_thum
garden.jpg

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Now that's cool right there! :icon_thum Almost varmit proof! (Cept for the two legged kind with wire cutters! :wsmile:

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Lookin' good Fred ! :icon_thum

Your design?

It will look even better as it weathers.

Pete

Glennbear

Glenn
Very nicely done Fred, I have been thinking about redoing my raised bed box but now that I have seen what is possible when one uses some craftsmanship I may have to rethink my original ramshackle design plans. :rotflm:

PChristy

New User
Phillip
That there is kewl:icon_thum You say that the top is pergola - I am guessing that there is chicken wire on it also? Is that a cement slap that it is sitting on

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
to answer some Q's. we looked at a couple of pictures and came up with a plan. the foundation [by others] is landscape blocks and then filled with gravel. the wire only goes up to the cross members at the top of the door. they are trying to keep out the deer and rabbits. the gravel will be brought up under the door. the blocks were not close to being level so there was a bit of work to get the structure level.:icon_scra there is a simple bench in the middle for taking breaks and sipping coffee.:gar-Bi the inside rails on the planters are capped with 1x4 to form a ledge. [good to set tools or coffee cups on] they will be hanging plants and wind chimes from the roof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS