Garden Bench Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamie

jamie
Senior User
Since I am still new, you all have to tell me when to stop posting every little thing that I make ;)

I have liked this garden bench that I saw in a magazine a few years ago. I had some cedar 2x4 stock left from a project/experiment a while back, and decided to put it to use. To see the "plan", take a look here.

It was a quick build, but all that I had time for over the busy weekend (I wish that they all had three days!).

The plans called for redwood, but there isn't much of that around here closer to the right coast ;)

gardenbench_044.jpg

View image in gallery

gardenbench_045.jpg

View image in gallery

gardenbench_046.jpg

View image in gallery

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Jamie we will never tell you to stop posting everything that you make - we love to see other members projects - keep making and keep posting - great job on the bench:icon_thum Thanks for the link

jamie

jamie
Senior User
Great looking bench Jaime! I thought you lived in Matthews...What's with the palms?

We do ;)

They are Windmill Palms. They are cold-hardy to 5f. we have a few of them-- they make nice conversation pieces (see, I got you to converse about them!)

And in the winter, they remind us that we don't live in ohio anymore!

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Nice bench, and to echo Phillip, you will never hear this group say "quit posting projects":nah::nah:

jimwill48

James
Nice bench, I also saw the plans in I believe an older issue of Pop Wood. I built one about a year ago in White Oak and finished with Spar Varnish. My wife loved the Asian style....

JW

PeteQuad

New User
Peter
Very nice! Please continue to post every little thing you make. Checking out other people's projects is one of my favorite things to do in the forum.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Great job on the bench, Jamie:icon_thum. Keep posting those pics.
That's a nice looking back yard too! Can I come over and play?:gar-La;

jamie

jamie
Senior User
Great job on the bench, Jamie:icon_thum. Keep posting those pics.
That's a nice looking back yard too! Can I come over and play?:gar-La;

Thanks!

Sure, come on by. Note that there are only three swings ;)

I can't take credit on the yard though, my wife is the one with the green vision and green thumb...

sawduster

New User
Robert
Now that is my kind of project :icon_thum This is going on my to-do list and I mean sooner than later :banana:

Nicely done bro :thumbs_up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS