Fun & Games with Moderation - Dozer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
For the life of me, I can not figure out what people were thinking with Dozer's post.
What should have happened.

If you realized that what he was offering was not something that should be on this site for copyright reasons, then the thread should have been deleted with that reason and a PM sent to Dozer.

If you were were unsure whether the post was an issue, than the thread should have been placed in the moderator's queue. A PM sent to dozer and a request in the mods and admins forum to ask whether or not there really was an issue and how to deal with it.

Why was it moved to confidential sales forum??:roll:

And the why was it moved to Mods and Admins forums??:roll:

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I haven't been on today, but I did put a post on Dozer's.

I believe Monty moved it to the confidential sales thinking it was the right thing to do.

I moved it to moderator's forum with comments saying that I wasn't sure how to handle as I haven't moderated much and wasn't sure of the methodology and it was late.

I did not PM Dozer about pulling the post.

Monty

New User
Monty
Yea that was me. I should have moved it to mod, but I moved it to the new forum just to get it out of public view. I meant to followup on it here but I didn't - sorry. It didn't show up again in my new posts list, so I forgot about it until now.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Monty said:
Yea that was me. I should have moved it to mod, but I moved it to the new forum just to get it out of public view. I meant to followup on it here but I didn't - sorry. It didn't show up again in my new posts list, so I forgot about it until now.
Actually, as weird as it sounds, I'm happy that was the reason you moved than the other scenario, I was worried about.

If you had moved it to the confidential because you thought it was such a good deal that it should be there, then I would have been forced to make a policy about who could post and for what reasons, and I really don't want to do that yet because I can't come up with good idea:roll:

Also, I'm sorry to have made a big fuss about it publicly and privately. It was uncalled for on my part. I've been a bit irrational at times lately. Sorry

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Well, my intentions were good, and I know yours and Monty's were. That's what I get for screwing with stuff too late at night when I should be asleep.

Sorry

M

McRabbet

Seems to me the lesson is clear -- if it smells like a rat, it is a rat -- we all need to be more diligent and immediately squawsh any post that touches on copyright infringement.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS