Fuji Q2 sprayer - possible to sprayer fiberglass?

Ralrick

New User
Rick
Does anyone have experience with spraying a fiberglass/automotive type paint and clear coat using a Fuji Q2 system?

I’m looking at having a golf cart painted and not sure if this is something I should try with my Q2 system or do I need a professional?

Rick

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
Never tried with mine but with the correct tip and viscosity, Im sure itd work fine. Contact Fuji direct, they are alot of help!

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
My Experience with Turbine painter isyou probably need the 4-5 stage unit. They have enough "Umph" to push paints through a tip 2.0 or bigger.
I have a 4 stage and it did push the paint used on a on a project, but the machine can keep 8.5-9 cfm constant. Like Chris stated contact Fujii

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
The Fuji Q2 will be fine for what you want to do. It's not the gun it's all about the prep and the guy holding the gun. If you're going to paint it a solid (non-metallic) color I'd suggest a single-stage Urethane rather than a basecoat/clearcoat. I shot an entire car with an Earlex using a 1.3 tip and it came out OK. I don't agree with Oka's comment about a 2.0 tip. I've used paint from Summit Racing (Automotive & Car Paint - Rust Preventers, Engine Paint, Primers, Clear Coats & more | Summit Racing) with good results at a decent price. There are many videos about spray painting. Eastwood has a good one:
Nothing mysterious about it. It's just paint!
Just my opinion YMMV

AllanD

Allan
Corporate Member
I think a base coat/clear coat automotive paint would be fine. I would think the viscosity would be similar to wood finishes you are used to. If by fiberglass you mean a primer/surfacer which can be almost like a thin coat of Bondo then the larger tip may be necessary.
I painted my truck and couple boats with two stage auto paint and it was thinner than some of the primers and colored paint I have used on woodwork.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS