From Mason's float to push-pad

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnpipe108

New User
John Meshkoff
I went to the contractor's supply the other day for some metric fasteners, and of course I always browse through the tool sections. I saw this wood-plank mason's float for $4.99, and it just seemed to be saying to me, "Help! I was really meant to be a push-pad, not having my face smeared in concrete!" :wink_smil

Of course, I couldn't let it suffer such a fate; after a little surgery and glue, voila!

Push-Pad_float-dscf0860.jpg

regards, Johnpipe

T

toolferone

Yup, good job on saving that float from messy concrete! Safty is a good thing, nice work.

Rob

New User
Rob
I use a rubber grout float for my jointer. Works well. Once the rubber wears out, I'll replace it with wood.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
The handle is probably attached with STEEL screws. I would swap them out for some brass screws, just in case.

Glennbear

Glenn
The handle is probably attached with STEEL screws. I would swap them out for some brass screws, just in case.

Good point Bruce, I also use grout floats to escape the somewhat higher costs placed on basic tools when "Woodworker's" is attached to the name plate. I will be checking to avert steel to steel collisions which would negate any savings. :wsmile:

johnpipe108

New User
John Meshkoff
Good point Bruce, I also use grout floats to escape the somewhat higher costs placed on basic tools when "Woodworker's" is attached to the name plate. I will be checking to avert steel to steel collisions which would negate any savings. :wsmile:

I'm glad to see this noted, wouldn't have thought of it, and I'm sure that one of those "collisions" might inadvertently happen one day. Thanks for the "heads up."

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors