FREE - Tracing Box Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOAT

New User
Theo
I really need to get back to this site more often. But been tied up with putting in shelves in the shop and making canes. Cane making is a snap by the way, once you get your handle shape figured out.

Anyway, on occassion I can make good use of a light box, or tracing box, so got some plate glass awhile back and am about ready to make one. I'm already got it pretty well thought out but decided to check on-line to see if anyone had anything worth copying. Found this one, which is pretty slick, and also costs a lot more than mine will. Mine will have a plywood case, with the front lower than the back, so it'll be tilted a bit something like a lap desk. The glass will be caulked in an inset. The light source will be either a plug-in bathroom night light and extension cord, or an old lamp light socket with one of those screw in thingies you can plug a bathroom night light into. The small light should be plenty bright enough, and if not I'll line the box with tinfoil. The back of the glass will be sanded or otherwise frosted before it's set in. Here's the link if anyone wants to get fancy. http://www.canadianhomeworkshop.com/weekend/tracingbox.shtml This seemed like the best place to post a free plan. I do a LOT of searches, so run across a LOt of free plans. Mostly non-woodworking related searches lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors