Free Redbud trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Gottesman

New User
Mark
I had a redbud drop in the yard. I am going to start cleaning it up for the yardwaste crew, but I wanted to see if there was any interest in the trunk. "I HAVE NOT CUT IT UP YET SO I DON'T KNOW IF THERE IS ANY USABLE WOOD INSIDE." I will update thread when I know.

I figured I would limb it out and leave the trunk intact. The trunk is about 6" - 8" diam. and about 4' long.

Just wanted to see if there was any interest. I would be glad to paint ends and hold till someone could pick up.

Let me know.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Don't you want to make something with it Mark?

I'd help you cut it into slices or bowl blanks if you don't have the tools.

But, if nobody wants it I'll try to use it for something.

Mark Gottesman

New User
Mark
Mike,

Thanks for the generous offer. I just don't see myself getting a chance to make anything from this wood in the foreseeable future. I am involved in other shop related projects like a cuttoff sled and cleaning out the basement to make more it a workable area.

So, If you want it you can have it. I will get it limbed out and see if it has any usable wood in it and we can go from there.

Anything I should do to stablize it once I start trimming it out?

Thanks
Mark

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Mark if no one else wants it I will drive up and get it I live in Lexington and it would take much to ride up and get it - you do not have to cut it - I will cut it as I need it Thanks:icon_thum Just let me know

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Mark,

I have some Anchorseal, so I can paint the ends when I get it.

I've wanted to meet you since you are closer than most of the members.

PM a time and address and I'll stop by after work when ever you get ready.

Thanks

Mark Gottesman

New User
Mark
OK,

Got the trunk limbed out and it seems to be solid.

Noticed that the heartwood is walnut black and sapwood is pure white. Interested in any limbs for Oyster shell veneer stock?

Mike, If you are still interested, let me know and I will PM you with contact info and we can go from there. You are about an hour away.

Phillip, If this falls through I will contact you.

Mark

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I'm ready when you are.

It's easier for me to go there from work, I work near the farmers market in Greensboro. That should be around 20 minutes away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors