Free planer parts

Tim Sherwood

Tim
Corporate Member
Delta 22-560 planer. Complete machine . The drive shaft keyway rounded out while I was trying to tame some Hickory. A replacement shaft is silly expensive. If you know a machine shop, they should be able to cut a new key slot and matching pulley. Everything else runs great.

mikeh74

New User
Mike
I think I have this same planer (I’ll have to check when I get home). My rollers aren’t the best and I have to push the board through sometimes. Maybe we can make a complete machine out of the two.

Tim Sherwood

Tim
Corporate Member
Thanks for the offer Chris. I have already used this excuse to upgrade to the 735. Do you have a use for this machine? If not it looks like Mike may .

Chris C

Chris
Senior User
Nope....Just thought I could fix it for you. If you want to send me the offending part I'll see what I can do and send it back.

mikeh74

New User
Mike
I finally made it home and was able to look. I have a model 22-580. Not sure how similar they are.

Tim Sherwood

Tim
Corporate Member
I think the 580 is a 13" two speed model. the 560 is 12.5" knives. It does not sound promising to swap parts. I've had good results with the feeder by cleaning the rollers with alchohol.

mikeh74

New User
Mike
Yes mine is a two speed 13”. I have tried cleaning the rollers but will give it another go.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Wax the bed. It will feed better. Also look on the bottom. You will see a plastic dust cover. Take it off and clean out. This shield protects a chain for raising and lowering the cutter head. A little grease or lube on the chain is also a good idea.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors