Free Persimmon and Maples

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleminggourds

New User
Judi
Okay, so I haven't fallen off the face of the Earth and I finally have something woodworking related to post.

Hubby and I will be cutting down one very dead, mature Persimmon tree and some live Yellow Maples. If anyone is interested in us cutting it into anything other than firewood sized pieces, please contact me ASAP and we'll put your name on the tree trunks. If you really need it, we have the front end loader to load it onto something for you and if you live close to the Triad area, we could bring it to you (you would have to unload) on my 16 ft flatbed hay trailer.

What a deal! I'll have to know by Tuesday night though.

Judi in Summerfield

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Judi, I don't need the wood, but it's good to see you back on the boards. We've missed you at the last couple of lunches. We figured you were probably busy w/ TSA.

Bill

fleminggourds

New User
Judi
I have missed all of you and the lunches. I go to Los Angeles for the last half of this month, but at least I'm home for now. There isn't much woodworking-wise that can be carried onto a plane and worked on while I'm gone. No club-like objects, no knives, etc. Boy, they take all the fun out of our hobby, eh?

jdulaney

New User
John
Hmm, the persimon would be interesting if it isn't too rotted out. I'm always looking for exotic-looking stuff for base boards for models.

The issue is transportation; I currently do not have a vehicle that's in one piece.

fleminggourds

New User
Judi
Hmm, the persimon would be interesting if it isn't too rotted out. I'm always looking for exotic-looking stuff for base boards for models.

I'm sorry to say that it wouldn't be so bad for small projects, but it did break into less than 6 foot sections because it is brittle in places. Nice wood though if you want some chunks. Message directly if we can meet up somewhere.

BobcatBob

New User
Bob
Would any of the Persimmon be good enough for turning on a lathe. I might also be interested in some to the yellow maple if it is still available.

Bob

fleminggourds

New User
Judi
It may be. I'll see if I can take some photos of it if I get home before dark. I'm not a lathe person, so I am not a good judge of that though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS