free freud tongue and groove bit set: Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeff...

Interesting I went to go buy this, cause it seemed like a good deal. But I came up with a total of $231.02 - what did I do wrong? I didn't see where to add the router bits but I did notice they have a 7-Piece Template Guide Set
I would be more interested in that I think.

Thanks

JohnsonMBrandon

New User
Brandon Johnson
A lot of times these deals do not last very long and the pricing goes back up. When I looked it was showing the lower price. When you see something on amazon that is a great price...jump on it...it may not last long.

Turtlewood

New User
Kevin
IMHO, I think that I like this deal even more:

DEWALT DW618B3 2-1/4 HP 3-Base Router Kit
Amazon.com: DEWALT DW618B3 2-1/4 HP 3-Base Router Kit: Tools & Hardware

There is an additional $50 mail in rebate on the router (see link on page above)

With the same router bit combo deal (see the link to add both in the page above)

Item(s) Subtotal: $319.87
Shipping & Handling: $26.04
Super Saver Discount: $-26.04
Promotional Certificate: $-50.00
Promotion Applied: $-7.00
Promotion Applied: $-69.99
-----
Total Before Tax: $192.88
Estimated Tax: $0.00
-----
Grand Total: $192.88

Minus the $50 mail in rebate = 142.88

WOW! :eusa_danc

A three base (D-handle base, fixed base, plunge base) variable speed DeWalt router that has great reviews and a $70 Freud 99-036 Adjustable Tongue & Groove Bit for 142.88.

I placed my order today. :eusa_danc :eusa_clap :eusa_danc

Last edited:
J

jeff...

Ok I got it, seems like a pretty good deal. Kinda wondering if it's a year end model sale or something? Anyways here's my order

1 "Bosch 1617EVSPK 2-1/4 HP Variable-Speed Plunge/Fixed Base Router Kit with Bonus Accessories" Tools & Hardware; $231.02

1 "Freud 99-036 Adjustable Tongue & Groove Bit Set, 1/2" Shank"
Tools & Hardware; $69.99

1 "Bosch RA1125 7-Piece Template Guide Set" Tools & Hardware; $22.95

Subtotal of Items: $323.96
Shipping & Handling: $25.51
Super Saver Discount: -$25.51
Promotion Applied: -$50.00
Promotion Applied: -$9.29
Promotion Applied: -$69.99
------
Total for this Order: $194.68

pretty cool... :icon_thum

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
well....... im not even gonna look!8-O i picked up a D- handle PC from rodger last weekend when we picked up dozer's new saw. :roll: that makes an even dozen in the router department and was pushin the envelope pretty hard with LOML or SWMBO depending on how ya look at it. 1 more router and i,ll have to have a deeevorce sale!:eusa_whis but it was ON SALE! :rolf:

fred p

JohnsonMBrandon

New User
Brandon Johnson
These kind of deals absolutely kill me. You will find no better price on the dewalt kit. If only I hadn't blown the woodworking budget over the weekend :crybaby2:

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
They are both SWEET deals ... I think I'm going to have to move on the DEWALT DW618B3 2-1/4 HP 3-Base Router Kit 8-O

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
hopefully getting a BOSS this weekend, so I won't get to move on that sweet deal on the DW 3-base kit.:BangHead:

DavidF

New User
David
IMHO, I think that I like this deal even more:

DEWALT DW618B3 2-1/4 HP 3-Base Router Kit
Amazon.com: DEWALT DW618B3 2-1/4 HP 3-Base Router Kit: Tools & Hardware

There is an additional $50 mail in rebate on the router (see link on page above)

With the same router bit combo deal (see the link to add both in the page above)

Item(s) Subtotal: $319.87
Shipping & Handling: $26.04
Super Saver Discount: $-26.04
Promotional Certificate: $-50.00
Promotion Applied: $-7.00
Promotion Applied: $-69.99
-----
Total Before Tax: $192.88
Estimated Tax: $0.00
-----
Grand Total: $192.88

Minus the $50 mail in rebate = 142.88

WOW! :eusa_danc

A three base (D-handle base, fixed base, plunge base) variable speed DeWalt router that has great reviews and a $70 Freud 99-036 Adjustable Tongue & Groove Bit for 142.88.

I placed my order today. :eusa_danc :eusa_clap :eusa_danc

I just sprung for this deal as I was going to get one at the show at the W/E, but the promotional "savemore" discount came up as $25 not $50, but still a great deal! Oh God, that makes me a two router owner, and after all I said about you guys owning more than one...:lol: :lol: :lol:

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Oh God, that makes me a two router owner, and after all I said about you guys owning more than one...:lol: :lol: :lol:

Isn't it funny how that sneaky ol' WG disease just slips right in while you aren't even expecting it?:lol: Next thing you know you'll be making up excuses to LOYL to buy more stuff!:eusa_whis

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
The LOML wasn't too happy with me, but I "justified" the deal ... I too ended up purchasing the DeWalt set. I already own the same set, so this will be a nice addition when I have multi-bit sets ...

Overboard yes? Woodguy's level ... not even close! :eusa_thin

zimman20

New User
Rich Zimmerman
I also hit the DW deal while it was still on...that only makes three for me, including the one in the router table. I don't have a problem! :lol:

FWIW I'd simply been looking for a D-handle for my Bosch 1617EVS but I couldn't find them for less than the $79-$95 range. I simply couldn't stomach the thought...I missed the DW sale the last time around and this time it was even better, comes with the Freud bit set and they basically paid me $7.00 to take it? $142.88 after the DW rebate...done! :icon_thum

cc4digital

New User
Update your profile with your name
I tried the deal tonight and I think the deal is over with the bit.:crybaby2:

Hopefully, someone else will verify my finding.:crybaby2::crybaby2::crybaby2:

Monty

New User
Monty
yea I'm afraid the party's over... thank goodness because it was WAY too tempting! :BangHead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS