For Sale: Delta 1 1/2HP dust collector with Wynn Filter $250 Cary SOLD

RichardH

New User
Richard
I am selling a Delta 1 1/2HP model 50-850 dust collector with a Wynn Environmental 35B222NANO filter (added Jan. 2022) plus both the original 5 micron filter bag, the upgraded Delta 1 micron filter bag plus a few extra plastic dust bags and a short piece of 4" flex hose. I also have a old separator lid for a trashcan I don't use anymore and will be happy to include it if you would like. The unit works great and I am only selling it as I replaced it with a cyclone unit.

Thanks,

Attachments

• Dust Collector Main.jpg
    Dust Collector Main.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 90
  • Dust Collector Motor.jpg
    Dust Collector Motor.jpg
    824.8 KB · Views: 87

ralitaco

Jim
Senior User
So this is probably a stupid question but what is the main purpose of this type of vac? Is it to connect to equipment to pull in the saw dust?
I am asking because I have seen a few members posting pictures on FaceBook of their box fans with air filters surrounding them.
I am trying to understand the difference between the 2 set ups.

I work in half of a 2 car garage but dust goes everywhere when I do anything.
Trying to figure out which of these I should get/make.

Mark Johnson

Mark
Corporate Member
So this is probably a stupid question but what is the main purpose of this type of vac? Is it to connect to equipment to pull in the saw dust?
I am asking because I have seen a few members posting pictures on FaceBook of their box fans with air filters surrounding them.

Yes. This is made to connect to a single machine at a time to pull dust. They are usually pretty effective for a single machine, but of course all that depends on the machines dust containment design as well. I connect mine to my lathe and drum sander. Works great on the drum sander, but obviously dust collection on any lathe is more challenging. My primary concern is sanding dust from the lathe and I put a "hood" connected to this behind where I am sanding and probably capture 95%,

RichardH

New User
Richard
A dust collectors primary purpose is to remove dust as it’s being generated by the tool itself. Most larger tools like tablesaws, planers, jointers, bandsaws, miter saws, etc. have a dust port to connect an extractor to. A dust filter like you mentioned removes fine dust from the air by pulling it though a filter after it has been released in the air. It’s generally preferable to remove the dust before it gets in the air or on the floor and some tools like a planer or drumsander won’t work correctly if you don’t have some way of removing the dust as the built up wood dust and chips will clog the machines and can mar the surface. I use a dust collector for large stationary tools mostly with 4” ports, use a shop vac for handheld and smaller tools with a 2.5” or smaller port and a air filter for those times when I am doing something that makes the shop very dusty with a fine cloud of dust.

Last edited:

ralitaco

Jim
Senior User
Mark and Richard, thank you both. Sounds like using both of them are useful/needed in the shop.

Warped Woodwerks

Senior User

You definitely don't want dust going everywhere.

Personally, I like a 2-stage dust collector and an air cleaner. I run my air cleaners whenever I am in the shop & afterwards, for about 1-2 hrs (timers).

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
Great, could you send me a PM? Don't seem to be able to yet.
@zke96 Certain privileges are restricted to members with User-level status and higher. Even though you've been a member for enough time (more than 30 days), you haven't been active enough (5 posts) to earn User status.

Once you've made 5 posts (including a short introduction in the Who We Are section), you'll be able to send PMs and post items for sale in the Marketplace. You'll need to log in at least once a month to maintain your status level.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors