Flower power in Hickory - updated 10/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Folks, we could use some flower helpers in Hickory at the Klingspor Extravaganza. I will be there Friday morning and could use some assistance showing folks how easy hand planes work and how to make a flower with a few curls.

The show participants can make their own curls or watch us make some, I will be bringing four very sharp planes. Next we show them how to make a flower by wrapping the curls around a form, this takes about two minutes. We hold the three layers of petals together with a thumb tack and then stick them on the end of a pencil

And of course the pencil will be imprinted with NCWoodworker.net so they will remember who helped them make the flower

Any and all help will be appreciated

phil

Update 10/22 NCWW pencils arrived So now Extravaganza has free apples and pencils

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2813 copy.jpg
    IMG_2813 copy.jpg
    510.2 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_2850.jpg
    IMG_2850.jpg
    674.2 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Re: Flower power in Hickory

Phil, I normally man one of the lathes but will take time to learn this and fill in there if there is a slow period on the lathes.

Never hurts to learn a new trick.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member

This project should be easy for anyone to learn, regardless of past experience manning our booth. If you can spend even a few hours helping us teach others woodworking, this might be the way to do it. Very little to none experience required.

You will be rewarded by many happy faces and appreciative comments from parents that have just helped their kids learn a new skill.

Please help us help others learn.

mquan01

Mike
Corporate Member

I plan on getting up there sometime Friday, so I can help out.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member

Just curious, will you be using the plastic push pins like shown in the pic? I think the blue plastic thing doesn't look so good. If it was up to me, I'd buy the flat metal ones....but I'm just sayin'.....

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member

Just curious, will you be using the plastic push pins like shown in the pic? I think the blue plastic thing doesn't look so good. If it was up to me, I'd buy the flat metal ones....but I'm just sayin'.....

Good idea Thanks

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member

I'll be there from setup on Thursday until mop up on Saturday, but more time at the Western Piedmont Woodcrafters booth, because my usual scroll sawing partner will be absent, most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS