First Windsor-inspired Stool

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
This was in a recent Popular Woodworking magazine, and I figured I'd give it a try. Simple in design, yet ALWAYS a learning experience! I'm sure I'll make another ... but this one was good practice. Will likely be the "time out" stool for the kiddos. It's made with Beech, and not finished yet. Note: The tenons in the seat will be wedged in place.

P1030892.JPG

View image in gallery

And a few mistakes ... OOPS!:gar-La;

It was a tight fit, so I resorted to the mallet. Bad decision.
P1030894.JPG

View image in gallery

Made the foot a bit small ... turning is fun, I got carried away! :elvis:
P1030895.JPG

View image in gallery

nelsone

New User
Ed
I like it! So, when are you starting on the fan back chair??? :gar-Bi

I need to try one of those.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Jeremy tome out for the kids or you.:dontknow:

I saw the article. You did a nice job.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
I need to make one of those for LOML - when she gets a little bit smart-mouthed I'll just make her sit in time out for 10 minutes!! :rotflm: :rotflm:

Ummm...maybe not...:nah:

The mistake count doesn't look too high for a first run. I like it. Maybe I can try one of those for a first time spinny project. :gar-Bi

Chuck

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
It's all turning, and great practice on the lathe for sure ... especially "duplication".

I am calling this my "six-legged four-leg stool" since I had to make six legs just to get 4 good ones!

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Holy cow that was fast man- Looks good-how'd you like the Beech?

The beech is a beautiful wood, but I'll keep the kiln dried beech for FLAT work. It was a dusty, chattery mess ... that's for sure! It sands awesome though!:thumbs_up

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Again Very Nice Jeremy. Your Just a knocking out those projects lately.

And way to make a time out chair for yourself, take time out from WW to visit the wife, :rotflm:

So will you post a pic of the top when you put those wedges in and finish it?

Glennbear

Glenn
Nicely done Jeremy:eusa_clap, thank you for sharing pictures of the extra two legs so the rest of us rookies can profit from your mistakes. :gar-La;

Bob Carreiro

New User
Bob
Wow! Now you're going to be inspiring me to start turning too! I can't! I can't! I can't! Just too many things to do! Too many projects to build! Too long of a honey-do list to comlete!

Great job, Jeremy! I joined the sight as you recommended. Did ya sell the Jet 1100 DC yet?

later
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS