First scroll project in 4 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

clawofthebear

New User
Tony
Finally finished it, in time for Janet's mom's birthday. Posting a couple of pics.
Tonys_hummingbird_007.jpg

Tonys_hummingbird_016.jpg

Found pattern at scrollsawer.com. I am attempting to make my own pattern for next project now :icon_scra. I'll get it the way I want it sooner or later.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Tony, it may be your first in 4 years but you clearly have not lost your touch. :icon_thum Real nice job.

Is it all oak or did you use different woods? What finish did you use?

clawofthebear

New User
Tony
Used oak and maple ply. Finished with natural stain and a couple coats of poly. It needed more, but I had put off finishing until just before the birthday party(Gotta do a job to pay for the hobbies...lol), so it only got a couple. Thanks for not laughin'. I personally see all the imperfections in my own work, so it's good to hear someone else thinks it's passable.:embaresse

Now that I got my warm-up, maybe I can do something totally different that I can be more creative with.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Tony, only the cutter and maybe the designer would know where the pattern "adjustments" are. :thumbs_up

sawduster

New User
Robert
Nice job man :icon_thum " personal enhancements " are part of the process :gar-La;
I started that pattern once, got as far as the hummingbird part and chickened out :embaresse ended up using the hummingbird as an overlay on a heart several months later

For a 4 year hiatus, you don't seem to have lost the touch. Easy to see where the younger gets his talent :icon_thum

Good job :eusa_clap

Vanilla Gorilla

New User
Marco Principio
Excellent job man! Good looking work, especially after a 4 year hiatus. Nice to see someone else uses the Hitachi scroll saw too!

-Marco

cskipper

Cathy
I think you did a terrific job! I agree, only you and the designer know what exactly matches the pattern. Any personal enhancements turned out looking like they were planned anyway, because it looks great! I've got that pattern - it's somewhere in the pile of "some day I'm going to cut this". Again, great job!

nightshade

New User
Janet
Yeah, you did a great job sweetie:icon_thum My mom really loved it!!!! Too bad it put my simple rose to shame:slap:

Rose.jpg

But thats okay, she liked them both:eusa_danc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS