FIRST cut with new table saw!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcgarner

New User
Chris
OK, this probably isn't a big deal to most of you ... but I'm new to this so leave me alone :gar-Bi

Made my first cut with my new table saw last night. And I started off right. 57-degree bevel rip cut on two boards to form the top of a bookcase. Between my protractor and my INCRA fence, it went flawlessly.

Loving this woodworking thing. I used to spend all my spare time tinkering with cars. Wood is much more forgiving (and cheaper!).

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Chris,

Congrats on snagging a new table saw. Sounds as if you're having fun with it and with woodworking in general... and that's the whole point of this stuff. How about some photos of the project? You do know we love our photos here.

gcgarner

New User
Chris
Here's the table saw. I actually bought it based on some advice and opinions on this forum.

34863_1492772370282_1563236228_31204802_7886952_n.jpg

It's simply a Craftsman contractor's saw, but the upgrades to the fence and the combo with the router pushed me over the edge. I got it for a steal.

I'll have to get some photos of my project up. It's a "dollhouse loft bed" for my 2 yr-old. (soon to be 3).

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
OK, this probably isn't a big deal to most of you ... but I'm new to this so leave me alone :gar-Bi

Made my first cut with my new table saw last night. And I started off right. 57-degree bevel rip cut on two boards to form the top of a bookcase. Between my protractor and my INCRA fence, it went flawlessly.

Loving this woodworking thing. I used to spend all my spare time tinkering with cars. Wood is much more forgiving (and cheaper!).

And it just gets better from here. Enjoy the new saw.

Red

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Chris,

Congratulations on the saw. I'm really glad that you were able to upgrade your tools and get such a deal. A table saw that works well, as yours does, will help boost your confidence and skills and add to the enjoyment of your new hobby.

bobby g

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
That is a very functional and nice looking setup Chris!!:icon_thum:icon_thum

With all of that table space, managing larger stock will be much safer with accurate cuts, I would imagine. Storage underneath looks pretty nifty too.

You'll have to let us know how that Incra setup works out.

Congrats and enjoy your new toy!

Wayne

Dean Maiorano

New User
Dino
Congrats on your purchase. Going for precision is a really smart move and as you know from being told, the Incra hardware will transfer nicely if you ever upgrade the saw. Well played Chris, you've left yourself in a nice place from which to take your next shot.

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
WTG,nice setup,sorta like mine.You DO know that this is just the begining down the road of NO return :gar-La; :gar-La;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS