First attempts at turning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandy Rose

New User
Sandy
I have not posted anything new for a while, but I've been practicing on some scrap wood and pieces of firewood all finished with BLO before I go buy the good blanks.

This is some Cherry with a partial natural edge
Cherry_Natural_Edge.jpg

I have no clue what kind of wood this is,came out of the firewood pile and wasn't very attractive after I turned it, so I put a coat of Java Gel Stain on it, then buffed it with paste wax.
Firewood.jpg

This was some scrap Padauk and Maple that I swiped from dad's workshop.
Paduak_and_Maple.jpg

Walnut from the firewood pile
Walnut13.jpg

From the same Walnut log
Walnut_2.jpg

This is from half of the Walnut log, but I left a natural edge on it.
Walnut_NaturalEdge.jpg

And finally, here is the reason I am just getting into the shop - Meet my future shop helper, Ryan:

Ryan.jpg

He was born November 1st - LOML won't let me take him in the shop with me yet, but maybe before too long.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Beautiful first attempts. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Congrats on getting some shop time and most importantly, on the new shop helper! :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc You may not be able to take him out there yet, but before long I'm sure you all will share plenty of great times in there together. Congrats again, and oh yeah, welcome to THE DARKSIDE! :elvis:

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
Looking good (Little Feller and the turnings). I'm going to start keeping my scraps if they will look like those:eusa_clap

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Congrats on the shop helper!! They can be a LOT of fun, but they do take a lot of your free time.....

Nice work on the turnings too. I just can't seem to get into the lathe.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS