Firewood in Apex

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyekode

New User
Salem
I am taking my oldest son camping with his Y-guides tribe tonight and was wondering if anyone in the Apex area has some firewood for sale? I just need enough for two largish fires: one tonight and one in the morning. I plan on burning most of my scrap pile but that won't be enough :).
Thanks!
Salem

Leviblue

Kevin
Corporate Member
How how Salem,
If you are down near Holly Springs, I buy fire wood from a local person off Piney Grove/Welbon (spelling) off Avent Ferry Road. They have a fairly large (larger than what you can buy at the store) bundle for $5 each of split oak. It works great for our fire pit.

Kevin

eyekode

New User
Salem
Kevin,
So if I just drive down that road I will see them? Do you think they are open/available on Saturdays?
Thanks!
Salem

Leviblue

Kevin
Corporate Member
Yes, you can see them. There's usually a stack of the wood nicely done in a four sided stack method. There is also a sign out that says firewood $5. I think their son is selling it to have some savings money.
It's someone's home so I would think they would be around during the day. I stopped and just went to the front door. The house sits back off the road a little ways, but is visible from the road. Nice shade trees in front and not to far down on the right side.

Take hwy 55 bypass to Avent Ferry and turn right. Go to the next traffic light, close to where the fire station was or kind of is and turn left. You will go maybe 1/2 to 1 mile and see it on the right.

Kevin

eyekode

New User
Salem
Thanks for the offer Scott. Tim sure flys when you can't remember where you put your tent!
I ended up raiding my turning stock :).
Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS