Finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

erasmussen

New User
RAS
I got the lattice work sliding doors done and installed:eusa_danc
I am not really happy with them, If the flat work forces get string again and i have to make any more there is a couple of things i will do different, but a good learning experance:confused_

Anyway they slide nice and smooth and Michiko is happy that counts a lot :icon_thum
Now maybe I can get back to what I was doing berfoe she put on this project

Thanks for looking

tvstand21.jpg

tvstand31.jpg

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Looks great to me. If they work and Mama is happy then all is well with the world :icon_thum:icon_thum

Dave:)

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Fellow NCWWers, please select your answer from the following:

(a) Are you kidding me, that looks great!
(b) You're right Earl, it's awful, why don't I take that stand off your hands so you can build a new one
(c) Wow, that looks just as professional as the stuff you can get at Pottery Barn!
(d) Nice TV....
(e) Dude, I have no clue how you even MADE that

I'll go with (e)

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Fellow NCWWers, please select your answer from the following:

(a) Are you kidding me, that looks great!
(b) You're right Earl, it's awful, why don't I take that stand off your hands so you can build a new one
(c) Wow, that looks just as professional as the stuff you can get at Pottery Barn!
(d) Nice TV....
(e) Dude, I have no clue how you even MADE that

I'll go with (e)

"eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" for me too!!!!!!!!!:wsmile::wsmile::wsmile:

That really looks unique and a really fine looking piece.

Great work!:wsmile:

Wayne

M

McRabbet

Earl, I really like the piece, too. But what if you put a coarse weave fabric (in an ecru color) or maybe rice paper behind the lattice work to block the view to the inside and also enhance the lattice... Just a thought... But if LOYL is happy, you're happy too!

J

jeff...

Glad to see you have "straightened" yourself up Earl :gar-La;

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
e Because I don't have a clue:dontknow:

Then

b Because I would be happy to take it off your hands:gar-La;

erasmussen

New User
RAS
Looks great! Could you tell us about your materials, joinery and finish? Thanks!

Ok for those of you who might have missed the first couple of posts on this.

This is what my wife found a picture of and wanted something like it, sized the same as her tv

tv_stand1.jpg

I made it in 2 parts first the box solid walnut except for the back panel that is ply.

The shelves are fixed.

A divider in the middle with a fifth leg in the center so the weight of the tv goes stright down to the floor.

The joinery is loose tenons aka domino, well poor mans domino ($20 HF router and a spiral bit cuts the same slots just slower)

poormansdamino.jpg

The finish is Danish oil with wipe on poly on the top.

The channels for the sliding doors are cut into the bottom 2mm deep, i put a 3/4" piece across the top for the channels which are 10mm deep that allows you to put the doors in.

There is 1 1/2" holes in the back 4 of them at the top inside cornors (you cant see them in the picture.

stand31.jpg

Next I did the doors
I made the lattice pieces from 1/2 sq. and used the router sled with a backer board and a stop to cut the half laps

halflaps.jpg

Then just a matter of putting the doors togather, that was the hard part
and what i would do different, if i had to do it again

Thats about it

DavidF

New User
David
Nice job Earl, looks like you scrolled the doors from solid! very nice. Like the router setup too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS