Final Raffle Steps

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

McRabbet

We are in the last week of the Fall Raffle, with just 32 hours left for entries and five days until the drawing. We have some key steps to complete the effort that I wanted to outline. I will be posting some last minute bulletins to prod people to buy tickets -- I'll send info to TracyP to give my input on how we should update the announcement and banner later this morning.

I have arranged with Coleman Fourshee to have the Powermatic Drill Press delivered to the Raleigh Klingspor store on Thursday (thanks, Coleman!). That will place it in the center of our membership and we can deal with delivery (via North Carolina Woodworker Pony Express) from there. I am driving to Apex on Wednesday with my wife (she has some dental work to be done on Thursday) and will bring Lots 2 through 7 with me. I have the 50 board feet of cherry in my garage and will deal with delivery of it after the drawing. I believe that Scott Miller has the $50 Gift Certificate and I'll contact Junquecol about getting the Clamp rack.

Someone needs to set up and announce the luncheon for the drawing -- I plan to be there, but would appreciate someone in the Triangle taking the lead on where to hold it. I know that Travis is busy punching in entries and getting ticket announcements out, but hopefully he can generate a list of ticket numbers for Scott by mid-week. Scott has the ticket preparation and Drawing Container duty, which he can start anytime (we know from Travis that we have hit $2,500 already, so that is 500 tickets).

I sent Travis a listing of details for $90 in sales I made yesterday at our WNCWA meeting, just so he has sufficient work to keep him busy!

Who all plans to be at the luncheon? Should we try to have a Board Meeting as well (good opportunity if all will be there)? I'm hopeful that sometime that weekend I can get out to Scott Smith's to see the new shop, too!

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I will be there and I am willing to coordinate the drawing. Are we talking thursday for the drawing? Lunch time in RTP. How does 12:15 sound?

M

McRabbet

Drawing will be Friday, per the Rules. That is to insure we give Travis enough time to get the ticket numbers out to all that purchased them and for Scott to fill the jug. I'm hoping that there will be in excess of 1,000 in the jar!

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I will be ready with the ticket numbers..... One way or another.....

My intentions are once I get all the tickets done, I will send ScottM a PM to tell him the final ticket number, and I will print 2 copies of the actual number assignments. I am going to mail one to myself and take the other with me to the luncheon.

M

McRabbet

Curious minds need to know -- can you give us a ticket or $$ count?

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Curious minds need to know -- can you give us a ticket or $$ count?

Actually, I can. :gar-BiI have just finished all I am going to enter tonight. I am caught up except for the ones you emailed me.

Excluding the ones you have emailed me, we have 755 tickets issued for $3775. That is for every ticket/record I have through Paypal and paper tickets I have through tonight not more than 20 minutes ago.

BTW, I found that missing $15 from when I picked up the entries and monies on Friday at Klingspor. It was because someone had 4 sheets for $20 worth of tickets but put $20 on the first sheet, so all in all, we are balanced to the penny on raffle tickets.

I can sincerely say I am THANKFUL RAFFLE TICKET PURCHASES CLOSE TOMORROW.:swoon::swoon:

M

McRabbet

Well that is encouraging! With the $90 for the sales I made, then you won't have more than a few days of typing after the next 227 tickets come in making our 1,000 ticket target! :gar-Bi Seriously, we are closing in on last Springs total of 820 tickets and should exceed that number easily.

Travis, we all really appreciate all your keyboard time -- I spent a fair amount of time getting all these prizes together (2 trips to Klingspor and one to SC included), but I wouldn't trade places with you for anything! Well done!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
On Rt 55 in RTP is a Golden Corral and Mr Wok. Either would be a good place.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I would prefer NOT to go to Golden Corral. Does anyone like middle eastern food? Neomonde has great stuff and is on 54 (I think) in Cary.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Morrisville Café
At Morrisville Station
10235 Chapel Hill Road (Hwy. 54)
Morrisville, NC 27560
(919) 466-8100 Phone
(919) 466-0860 Fax

Hours
Monday-Saturday: 9am - 9pm
Sunday: 9am - 7pm